Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hobologist
May 4, 2007

We'll have one entire section labelled "for degenerates"
Technically don't you need a beginning and ending balance sheet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobologist
May 4, 2007

We'll have one entire section labelled "for degenerates"

Its Miller Time posted:

I don't work for a big bank and have no idea about that dynamic. I get PMs. I have a question for everyone:

In the course of arguing over the labor lockout in the NFL over in TFF, I found a Forbes report showing Forbes' estimates were for high positive EBITDA's for almost all NFL teams. Someone challenged me, saying because it's impossible to estimate depreciation, there's no way Forbes could make any close estimates of a private company's EBITDA. I replied this is exactly why depreciation is one of the items excluded in EBITDA. He replied you need to estimate depreciation because you calculate EBITDA by taking EBIT and adding DA back. I replied this was a useless route seeing as the teams don't publish their financials and the only way Forbes could be estimating this is a top down analysis of revenues minus expenses that aren't ITDA.

Who's right.

The correct measure of how much money you can take out of a business entity over a given period is EBITDA - maintenace Capex, which is the amount of capital investment necessary for the business to maintain its current level of operations, as opposed to expansionary business plans. So whether or not you know EBDA, you're still missing a piece of a puzzle.

• Locked thread