Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
djs622
Sep 16, 2007

TheSherpa posted:

Blackrock isn't an investment bank, its an asset management firm.

Do NOT go straight to get your MBA, it will be a huge mistake that you will regret. Anyone that says it's a good idea has zero clue.

If your truly that smart, transfer schools. Drexel sucks, and is probably one if the worst schools in the Philly area. Go to UPenn/Nova if you want to stay in Philly or transfer to an ivy league school.

Nova? Only Drexel and Penn are rated in the top 100 in the Philly area.

That being said, if you were salutatorian, why didn't you go to a better college? The types of jobs you are interested in recruit at target schools, which are ivy's and near-ivy's. I went to Drexel and some kids do get front-office jobs at BB's and trading shops like SIG, but not many and it's a pretty up-hill battle. I know of one kid who got a BofA ibanking job, 1 kid in my class who got S&T at GS, 2 kids who got trading jobs at SIG, not sure about everyone else, some Blackrock/hedge fund stuff that didn't seem too back-officey.

As far as transferring goes, even a school like Penn State could give you more of an in at a major bank, though that school is still very much a "non-target". Go on wallstreetoasis.com's "get a job" forum and do some reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread