Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~
If I want to break into bulge bracket finance (IB/PE) via business school, what's the cutoff in rankings? Will Columbia or Haas suffice for finance or does it HAVE to be Wharton? I ask because my friend at Wharton (undergrad) has told me multiple times that "honestly, everybody knows that Harvard and MIT MBAs are a joke".

Also I'll probably be 30 when I graduate with an MBA, will that hurt my chances when interviewing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~
Yeah, I figured. I gave it half-consideration because the law field is still in total meltdown so unless you go to H/S/Y your chances at working in Big Law are very slim, and also his brother, currently in the Wharton MBA program, said something to the effect that Harvard uses "weird" teaching methods and doesn't emphasize finance.

• Locked thread