Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fines Doubled
Sep 1, 2009
I was hoping a thread like this might pop up sometime. What advice could you guys give me on getting into the ibanking field. I'm really looking to get my foot some where. I graduated this December after a little over three years with a BS in Math and Economic Analysis from a pretty highly ranked state school. My GPA was a 3.2. We were kind of a target school I know we had recruiters come for Morgan Stanley and Goldman.

Since I was a dumb rear end I didn't do any internships, I realize this is huge black mark against me. I just got a job with Chase as a personal banker. Is this type of experience going to be at all relevant? What should I do make myself into an attractive candidate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fines Doubled
Sep 1, 2009

Its Miller Time posted:

Business school. Unless you land an entry-level analyst gig there's not a lot of room for jumping into the industry haphazardly. Also I don't think being a personal banker will get you an iota closer to an IBD (Investment Banking Division).

Thanks, I didn't really think it would. I've been looking since looking since the end of June and this was the first offer I got. Since I enjoy having a place to live I took it. If I go the business school route and get a MBA would I be applying for Associate of Analyst type positions? Is it possible to get an Associate gig without experience as an Analyst? Would an MBA make me overqualified to be an analyst.

I guess I'll be trying for entry level positions next recruiting cycle.

• Locked thread