Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morrissey.
Nov 16, 2009
I am the center of the universe. I am deeply disturbed if my friends are not pleasing and worshipping me as the princess I am.

BEWARE! Those who displease me will forever suffer my passive-agressive wrath.
Just a couple of suggestions for outside reading:
House of Cards by William Cohan and When Genius Failed by Roger Lowenstein.

I'm just a lowly undergrad, but I can tell you that reading about the respective collapses of Bear and LTCM explained more to me than a textbook has so far. There are a lot of points of explanation in each of them, although House of Cards leaves it more up to you to go look things up. House of Cards actually devotes a good bit of time to Bear's inaction regarding Long Term, though, which is interesting to see. The Snowball's not bad either...you get to see the near-collapse of Salomon and the creation and collapse of LTCM and read about Buffett.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morrissey.
Nov 16, 2009
I am the center of the universe. I am deeply disturbed if my friends are not pleasing and worshipping me as the princess I am.

BEWARE! Those who displease me will forever suffer my passive-agressive wrath.
I'm hoping this is the correct thread for this. If not, I apologize. I'm just looking for a bit of help.

I'm sending out my resume and cover letter to a regional investment bank in hopes of securing a summer internship in 2012. There is no actual posting for the internship, but my father's been working with this group on a big project for a while and gave me the contact information for the/one of the Senior VP(s) at the branch. This is the digital equivalent of a cold call. I don't even know if this firm does internships, I'm just shooting in the dark here. I was filling in the email address and tabbed down to the subject line and drew a giant blank on what to put in there. Any advice? And at that, what would you suggest putting in the body of the email, since my intentions and whatnot are spelled out in the cover letter?

• Locked thread