Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh
Curious if anyone has any experience with IB/HF/etc in Canada - I graduated from LSE (master's) in 2009, although I had a good internship in the City during the summer, trying to find a permanent position in London in September 2009 was the epitome of :negative:

So I'm back in Canada, working as a Trader in a very small organization but am thinking about seeing if I can get into a larger organization

I found that in the UK companies more care about "are you competent, are you smart, etc" and are willing to hire people who meet intelligence standards (had a few friends in Development Studies who ended up at GS) - whereas here in Canada you have to check the straight Accounting or Finance degree checkboxes before even having your resume looked which is annoying as hell. I did a dual degree in Engineering/Econonmics before doing an Econ Master's, so it's a bit of an uphill battle.

mik fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jan 27, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread