Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Senphet posted:

Any new Analysts getting ready to go to NYC for training? Any thoughts from those who have been through it... I've heard it's relatively relaxed and just a good chance to meet people.

I know one of my housemates is going off, I went three year ago and had a hell of a time. Just remember not to work too hard at all, they're not sending you there to work, dammit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Thoogsby posted:

Is anyone here familiar with the titles at Morgan Stanley?

There's an Executive Director of an IB department that went to my school and I'm not sure if this is above MD or analogous to it.

ED is the UK version of VP, some places (GS for one) will give you a ED title if you're in the UK, or a VP one in the US.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Thoogsby posted:

Weird. Says he's in NYC.

Sounds like it could be different then - perhaps they have D, ED, MD. At any rate, it's almost certainly below MD.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Thoogsby posted:

Does it make me a lunatic that I'm 22 and already obsessing over MBA programs?

Kinda, I mean, most of the good schools won't accept you until you have a few years in industry and if you're already looking at programs then it's not likely that you'll be interested in one of the lesser ones.

That and the consensus appears to be that you'll get a lot more out of it after a few years in the workplace.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Thoogsby posted:

No I know. I mean am I lunatic for obsessing about something that's 4-5 years away.

Nah.

• Locked thread