Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
I have some questions for you guys. I know my boyfriend's been wanting a banjo for a long time, he's really into country/folk stuff on his acoustic so I want to get him one for his birthday or something. Thing is, I know nothing about banjos. Based on the links in the OP, I can probably only afford/find a Deerline. I was thinking probably something off this page: http://www.deeringbanjos.com/catalog/category/view/id/10

Only thing is, as I said, I know nothing about banjos and have no idea what the difference is between any of these or which would be a good one to get. He'd probably use it for country/folk/bluegrass type stuff, he does a lot of fingerpicking already so I don't think he'll have a hard time picking up on it.

Yeah, I know buying an instrument you haven't played is a bad idea, so it stands to reason that buying one for someone else is a bad idea. However, seing as neither of us have ever owned a banjo so it doesn't seem that bad to buy an inexpensive one. Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread