Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I have been playing banjo for maybe three years now, however I am still terrible. I can play a few songs, but I am running into the problem of finding things at my skill level to play. I think the issue is that I don't really spend enough time playing. I really enjoy messing around with the banjo, however, and I am kind of trying to learn clawhammer after learning how to play three finger to a beginner level. I think I would really enjoy playing the fiddle, so I am looking to get one from somewhere.

I get a lot out of learning things from people in person, but there really aren't too many banjo players in Massachusetts - at least not that I have found.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I've had a banjo die over a decade and can dick around on it. Never got very good, but now that I'm done with undergrad, grad school, have a steady job and am not moving around I want to get good.

Any recommended youtube video series for beginner ish folks?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I do a little 3 finger bluegrass and try some clawhammer. I'd love to learn clawhammer more, so I'd you can pass along your recommendation that would be awesome.

• Locked thread