Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FearOfABlackKnob
Nov 5, 2008

by Ozma
I just got my banjo two days ago and i'm loving it. I have been practicing the alternate thumb roll and pinching and just trying to get used to all that. I have no musical experience at all but I really feel like each day i'm getting a tiny bit better.

I bought a Savannah SB-100. Nothing fancy, but I didn't want to break the bank just in case it turned out I was going to hate it. Fortunately for me, it's really, really addicting and I wish I didn't have neighbors so I could practice again right now.

There's a forum called Banjohangout.com with a lot of cool people, they have lots of good info, tabs, lessons, etc etc and very friendly to beginners like myself.

The hardest part right now is trying to do chord changes, the tips of my fingers end up hurting or I mute notes because I have to learn how to properly use a fret.

I'm using a dunlop thumb pick that came with the banjo. It's a bit small for my thumb but it works well. I will get another one later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread