Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

I'll try and do a bit more of an effort post with some videos/recordings of my amateur self, but I play tenor banjo and just recently picked up an mandolin, and enjoy traditional music (also play whistle - the gateway drug of Irish tunes).

I tried a 5 string banjo a while back but found that scruggs-style fingerpicking just wasn't my thing. I may get one again and see about learning clawhammer, but that's a lot later down the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

Coohoolin posted:

I'm looking to upgrade myself (probably gonna stick myself with a £40/m financing deal or some poo poo) and I'm looking at a nice Eastman F style, which for the price range seems to have about as good a quality level as your way pricier ones. Unless I can find the time to go exploring with some of the luthiers in Shetland. I want a loud, sharp, cutting, F style, and unless someone can make that specifically for me I'll probably go for Eastman.

It’s not an F but I’ve got an Eastman 505 and I absolutely love it. I played a lot of similarly priced Kentucky mandos and it beat them all out on sound. If I want something that sounds noticeably better I will have to go with the much nicer ones, a Collings or Weber or that price range.

• Locked thread