Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dexter6
Sep 22, 2003
I've played guitar on and off for about 15 years and I've started to get into bluegrass lately. My last guitar was from Rondo Music and I love it. It's a great guitar for the price.

Is the same true for their banjos? Specifically, this one: http://www.rondomusic.com/country5.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003
So my first banjo will be delivered Friday and I was wondering what other accessories I might have to head to the music shop to buy. The banjo comes with a gig bag, but here's what I'm thinking:

• Chromatic Tuner (I already have a guitar tuner, but I've been meaning to get one that is more versatile anyway)
  • Strap
  • What kind of picks should I get?
  • Anything else?

Also, is there a recommended beginner's Banjo book? I'm coming from the guitar world, so the idea of chords and fretting aren't a big deal, but I'd like to have something to teach me a couple of songs and basic picking / fingering patterns.

Thank!

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003
I just got my banjo along with the tab book for this song ( http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/t/video/steve-martin-great-remember-nancy-14692648 ) and obviously the hardest part is the right hand claw hammer.

Any tips / tricks / videos for me to check out? I've been watching some of the claw hammer basics but Steve's technique seems to be a bit different from the bum-dity style I've seen. Or maybe I just don't get it.

Any help in learning this would be greatly appreciated!

• Locked thread