Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

some kinda jackal posted:

Following grimes' lead I'm now looking to outsource my rekordbox bpm to someone else :lol:

resumes via DM thanks

I've legit thought about going into business doing this since my own track striping process is so thorough. I don't want to be inundated with more mind-numbing screen staring and hotkey pressing, but if the price is right...

Goddamn I'm so embarrassed for Grimes, she's so impossibly stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

i tried one of those 3rd party apps that merges MiK cuepoints and BPMs into your rekordbox library but it felt like such an incredible kludge that I wasn't having any of that.

But also now I import way way less filler music now that I established a base library and cancelled my ZipDJ pool subscription and actually pay for individual tracks, so it's way less of a hassle to just go through and set some easy and obvious cues vs processing 20 tracks a day, 18 of which I'm not really interested in but only grabbed to fill out an empty beginner library.

I really should go through and purge a lot from a year and change ago -- so much of it is same-y sounding dark brooding prog trance with no real points of interest beyond being "gritty" or something. Maybe a weekend project for the summer.

Mister Speaker posted:

she's so impossibly stupid.
I mean, maybe I'm wrong, maybe she should outsource rekordbox then lol

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
I would pay real money to have someone organize my insane folder structure and tag all my poo poo with genres and moods etc. I also tried one of those programs that claims to do that, but it was so fuckin janky and bad

Luckily I do all my prep in traitor so at least the beat gridding and key detection is generally spot on. We will not talk about the auto gain

abuse culture. fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Apr 17, 2024

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

The sad part about grimes is if she just never said anything and did some.basic transitions like echo out or whatever no one would've noticed or cared

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
The craziest part is she clearly never practiced/rehersed, as if she had it would've been obvious something was wrong with the outsourced rekordbox USB. I can't imagine not practicing even once for a festival that big, especially if I didn't have the skills to handle something as basic as BPM analysis on the fly.

Then again maybe the point was for people to notice and care...