Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Keylock only works through line out or something weird like that iirc, i don't have the manual in front of me to check

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Just wanted to confirm, according to the manual you do have to set the switch on the turntable to LINE for keylock to work.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
For kicks i tried switching to line and using the tt's keylock last night and it was pretty bad, sound kept glitching out every few seconds. I'm gonna stick with software keylock

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

roy harder posted:

Thank you for taking the time to check this out. I guess my old records still will be a bit off key from time to time. :)

Oh umm i actually didn't even think to check with actual records, i just used my timecode lol

Provably should've done that...

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Banano posted:

Why would you even

In my defense i was pretty high at the time

Good thing this got bumped cuz i forgot to go back and mess with it some more

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I've been outta the scene for a few years and I feel like digging out my turntables but I don't have any needles/cartridges. I vaguely remember hearing that Shure stopped making the 44-7s and am wondering, if they did in fact stop making them, what are the new suggested scratch capable needles

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Cool, thanks

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Mister Speaker posted:

lol at still using stylii to scratch like some kind of neanderthal

For real though I have a pair of these and they're fine. I don't scratch, but they track really well.

I get that it's a joke but I actually was looking at phase, I thought they weren't capable of tracking more than minor scratching though?

Because yeah not being to worry about that anymore would be cool

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Hmmm well in that case $400 is more than I was looking to spend tbh but it is an investment in not having to buy replacements anymore... Guess I'll have to think on this

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I actually discovered goth edm from surfing twitch this summer lol

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

CherryCola posted:

I dunno if it’s kosher to promote all my cool DJ friends here, but if you want more I’ve got a whole list of people to follow

Yeah go ahead and PM me some, I wouldn't mind checking out more

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
is anybody here familiar with traxsource.com? just ran into this place by accident and it looks similar enough to beatport that i'm wondering if it's actually a legit site or not

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

mitztronic posted:

You have to pay them a subscription for LINK to get the full track preview.

you can pay 10 instead of 15 to stream full tracks and treat it as a regular streaming service, but in my experience the android app at least is total dogshit and logged me out 5 times a day and would constantly have trouble actually playing anything when it bothered to stay logged in (this was just a few months ago mind)

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yeah since the redesign a few days ago search feels faster but playing tracks breaks often

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I don't think I've ever seen beatport put up a warning like this, things must be pretty fuckin bad lol

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
rip $1.29 i will miss you

an extra 20 cents is fine if people are getting paid

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Mister Speaker posted:

Finally got my hands on a copy of L&M's Gear Issue. The spread they put my article in is way bigger than I thought it'd be - between the article itself and the gear they asked me to recommend as an addendum, it's actually two spreads.

I've got to get at least one more copy to give to the photographer who took the shots

sick, congrats dude

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i just tried and it has a 45 second intro for me

e: oh wait, yeah i pressed play again and it kicks in at 12 seconds now lol huh

site fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Nov 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
That's a nice find. Too bad however it hooks into your account can't get it to play full tracks too