Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007
Sorry for this really really loving basic question, but what in general is the max I want to stay on one song? Like for the entire duration of a song seems a bit too long, but I just have no general sense of things. Also I only have an APC-20 so no knobs and using a touchpad is a bitch to control parameters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007
I'm starting with Electro House because I like it and while I love breakbeat so hard gently caress trying to mix it when you have no idea what you're doing.

e. gonna vote you scumbo

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007
Does anyone have any suggestions for a good external sound card? I've been eyeing the Audio Kontrol 1 but don't really know what I'm doing. I may get one of those anyways because a friend is offering one to me cheap. v:shobon:v

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007
Laptop with Live.

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007
I just got live and some controllers and I'm staring at a whole bunch of knobs and a simple macro'd effects rack linked to the controller. Can anyone suggest some resources for the super basics like "how you mix songs so it doesn't sound like you were trying to use a crossfader and then half way through spilled coffee on your controller and had to push a whole bunch of buttons to get it off"?

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007

This seems to be 80% GET A GIG NOW and 20% gear reviews.

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007
This is the best advice I've found for beatgriding yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007
Is there any reason I could use something like this:

as a midi controller for live setups combined with an APC-20 for launching clips? Line everything up as needed and have effects/direct synth controls mapped manually?