Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

So can anyone recommend a two channel mixer for a pure vinyl set up? I have a ton of dance records and I'd like to get into bedroom dj'ing, heh. Doesn't have to be super fancy, an FX loop or a filter effect might be nice, as would a record-out line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Can someone recommend a dj cartridge? I have the technics clone audio technical lp120s and we destroyed one of the needles. I didn't know there was such a thing as a dj cartridge but I looked up the replacement part on Amazon and the q&a part said its not a dj cartridge

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

just a stylus I guess. It plays okay but seems to get "dirty" really fast over the course of a song.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

b0red posted:

Shure M44-7s. I have some on my decks and 2 replacements tucked away. It's a great cart with good tracking and nice bass.

Haha, I came to the same conclusion independently and ordered one already. Thanks

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I'm still rocking the Audio Technica knockoffs / (replica?)

They're dirt cheap at $250 and seem to work okay

lugging wax to all vinyl sets is killing my back though

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Vinyl is so loving heavy y'all

I'm just gonna get a computer I guess

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

whats a good value / $ direct drive turn table? I've used the LP 120's in some form or another for about 15 years because I"m a cheap bastard. I have sold or had them all stop working and moved and now I want another turntable or two for a battle coffin setup

LISTEN TO ME posted:

Whatup y’all, just wanted to say that I’m glad this TWELVE year old thread is still going. I’m a working DJ in NYC using Serato DJ pro almost exclusively. The addition of stems has really re-invigorated my love of djing because it lets me play so much more differently now.

ahaha I can see some of my old posts in here. guess Its been about 10 years not 15 that I've been doing vinyl DJ stuff. the internet is getting weird

A MIRACLE fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Feb 17, 2023

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

the techno system is awesome. ive done a lot of improv sets with mine now

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

yeah I make more trip hop / lo fi beats to study and relax to with mine usually. and for GAS the only thing I've added is more cables and a korg SQ-1. I think I have all the audio gear I will ever need and then some to run a party, up next I'm really looking at a visualizer in a box like the eyesy, something I can run through a mini projector no matter where I play

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

turntable chat... I need to replace an AT LP 120 that died on me, actually I've bought like 6 of them in the past and let them go for one reason or another. Is it time to get into a Technics 1200 or is there anything better for cheaper really?

use case is
- home listening
- sampling
- ripping to wav
- occasionally may lug it along to have some vinyl out at a local "show"

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

yep, i'm not a turntablist really, no scratching. I like the speed controls. I'm open to something more home-theater-y with auto returns and belt drive and stuff. really want to get a nice neutral output for ripping. the technics strikes me as a 'buy it for life' type turntable and thats definitely what I'm after this time around

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

looking at some nicer DD turntables and I'm not sure I have a mixer with a ground point on it, how important is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I think I used to know all of this at some point. maybe I should just get a dj mixer again. but with like 4 channels