Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE
I have a tech problem, not sure where to go with this. I have turntables and Serato, and a microphone. I run the turntables and mic through a UA-25 midi interface, unplugging and plugging in whichever I'm using at a given time.

Except the other day, I had the turntables plugged into the UA-25, which was plugged into the computer, and went to plug in the Serato box, and Audacity gave me an error about USB ports that I can't remember. After that, Audacity wouldn't record anything at all. I ended up reinstalling the UA-25 drivers, which allowed me to record with the mix again, but as soon as I swapped for the turntables on the UA-25, Audacity started saying "there's a problem with the recording device" again.

Probably a long shot but this sound familiar to anybody?

PS For what it's worth I also have a Wacom pen tablet that can't even turn on when plugged into this computer, but works fine on my laptop. Hope it's not the motherboard I bought less than half a year ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE

chrix posted:

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but why would your turntables be plugged into the UA-25?

Turntables and mic should be connected through the serato interface (SL1, SL3, etd), then to your mixer. Your mixer output should plug into your UA-25, which should allow you to record whatever's going through your mixer.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Mixer outs go to the ua25.