Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beeps-a-palooza
Jan 2, 2009

by T. Finn
just save up for a sub (18" should do) and two 15's. it's definitely worth it.

edit: missed your edit. but seriously get your own it's crucial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beeps-a-palooza
Jan 2, 2009

by T. Finn

(Yamaha DSR118W)

i can honestly say this is one of the hardest hitting portable subs I have ever witnessed. for a decent sized room, this will completely obliterate your crowd.

if you have a truck (and oodles of money), then get two for the larger venues.

beeps-a-palooza
Jan 2, 2009

by T. Finn
i'm curious to see how other ableton dj's organize their sets. i've spent so much time color coding my set and making custom effects that if for some reason the .als file gets corrupted, i would probably go insane

beeps-a-palooza
Jan 2, 2009

by T. Finn

oredun posted:

i personally hate using live to DJ. i think its severely limited in what you can do live(ie, you cant warp live) and if someone has some request i dont have, its just throw in serato and beatmatch to the last song.

you can warp on the fly you just gotta be good

beeps-a-palooza
Jan 2, 2009

by T. Finn
that's true, but i always enjoy ableton's ping and pong delays. if you know how to use them right in a live setting they can really make a song/transition interesting

beeps-a-palooza
Jan 2, 2009

by T. Finn
Does anyone know if there has been an ableton dj (not production)/"controllerism" thread? I had a promoter give me poo poo today because of my ableton set up, and it made me more determined to make my set-up even more awesome.

we can share pictures and techniques it would be super fun!!!!

beeps-a-palooza
Jan 2, 2009

by T. Finn
yeah, i'm going to write one up. djing with ableton is a whole different ballgame

email me at louiethecuban [at] gmail.com if you want something to contribute in the controllerism/ableton dj thread

beeps-a-palooza fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Mar 31, 2011

beeps-a-palooza
Jan 2, 2009

by T. Finn
i really dig the idea of leaving the laptop out, because they can tend to cause problems. the only problem with stanton is their industrial design, i really wish they didn't make their products look like toys :(

what is it made of anyway?

beeps-a-palooza fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Apr 6, 2011

beeps-a-palooza
Jan 2, 2009

by T. Finn
well this is definitely something i'll look out for. thanks for giving us a sneak peak!

im actually really interested in your job. how did you windup working for stanton? im studying music tech in college (UMBC) and making/designing pro audio hardware/software is really what i want to do when i get out of school. any tips?

beeps-a-palooza
Jan 2, 2009

by T. Finn
holy poo poo, i'm actually starting to see how cool this is. it would be interesting to see if someone like pioneer would catch on to the laptopless controller idea.

beeps-a-palooza
Jan 2, 2009

by T. Finn
fuckin numark ns7 man, that poo poo is a beast

beeps-a-palooza
Jan 2, 2009

by T. Finn
get it used! or vci300.

beeps-a-palooza
Jan 2, 2009

by T. Finn
"hey man you sound good, wanna dj a fetish/bdsm night at my bar"

beeps-a-palooza
Jan 2, 2009

by T. Finn

THAT drat DOG posted:

^^I am at a loss as to what kind of music I would play at an event like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuezNswtRfo

beeps-a-palooza
Jan 2, 2009

by T. Finn
just nod your head a lot and say "okay,sure"

beeps-a-palooza
Jan 2, 2009

by T. Finn
pretty sure ssl is closed off in terms of midi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beeps-a-palooza
Jan 2, 2009

by T. Finn
wait a second, then what the gently caress is the point of itch if you can map midi to ssl.

why does serato have two different products that do essentially the same exact thing