Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs
Anyone know what's being upgraded with the new Traktor 2 that's being released on April 1?

I currently am using an audio 4 DJ with the current Traktor Pro software. If I use my existing hardware and I only upgrade the software will I be losing any of the new functionality? Also, what is being improved with the new sound cards? If I'm going to upgrade I would be purchasing the Audio 10 (the new Audio 8 DJ). NI is offering a pretty decent discount if you are upgrade within the first 3 months of release so I would like to know if the sound card is actually an improvement or if I am just throwing cash away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Thanks for the information guys. It seems like if you have audio 8 its not worth the hardware upgrade. Since I have an audio 4, I will look into it, but I am leaning towards just upgrading the software.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

b0red posted:

well obviously you're going to pay a hefty sum for a PREMIUM MAGNESIUM TONE ARM.

Might give my sister and brother my stantons and buy a set of 1200s. Any news if they increased the torque? That's the one thing i love about the new super OEMs is they all have super powerful motors

I don't get the torque thing. Like why would anyone use anything but a pair of used 1200s?