Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy C
Dec 3, 2010
STOP LEECHING IMAGES, DICKFACE
I'm a complete newb to Traktor and just feeling my way around the software at this stage.
I was curious to know if it was possible to play 2 channels through 1 set of speakers eg. Virtual DJ's default setup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy C
Dec 3, 2010

vanilla slimfast posted:

Yes, go into your audio preferences and set "master output" to your soundcard's L and R channels

You'll probably need to set your mixing mode to "internal" as well if it's not already

Sweet, thanks a lot, this makes sense :ughh:

Crazy C
Dec 3, 2010

WAFFLEHOUND posted:

Sorry for this really really loving basic question, but what in general is the max I want to stay on one song? Like for the entire duration of a song seems a bit too long, but I just have no general sense of things. Also I only have an APC-20 so no knobs and using a touchpad is a bitch to control parameters.

I am also curious in this regard, more for minimal techno though? Any experienced people here who have suggestions?

Crazy C
Dec 3, 2010

Sjoewe posted:

There are no rules. Play it for as long as you want and it feels right. If you are in front of an audience you'll have to learn how to read them. Pick two or three people as a reference and try to keep them on the dance floor. If you're at home, imagine a dance floor and try to make a vibe for yourself. I play techno (both 'minimal' and more upbeat) and I have some tracks that I'll play from the first groove to the last, while at the same time I somtimes only play the hook out of another track.
Just keep trying, you will get a feeling for it eventually.

Thanks for this advice. Do you have any mixes I could have a listen to?

Crazy C
Dec 3, 2010

Sjoewe posted:

Glad to help.
My own mixes are at: http://soundcloud.com/sjoewe

Cool, at work now so will have a listen when I get home.

Can you maybe shed some light on the Numark M2? (considering I'm new to this and budget is important)
Are there maybe other options to look at?

Crazy C
Dec 3, 2010
Yeah I figured this is not something to be a cheapskate about :smith:

I'm guessing Pioneer is the preferred choice for equipment?

Crazy C
Dec 3, 2010
Yeah I've only heard good things about the Xone series.

Crazy C
Dec 3, 2010
Sounds like the general consensus (save for 1) is that A&H is the way forward. Going to to go sell left testicle brb. :smith:

Crazy C
Dec 3, 2010

oredun posted:

dude, it costs $300. Thats as cheap as DJ mixers get. Just make sure you buy the stupid warranty, i would bet your mixer will break before it runs out.

Is this for a Xone 2?

It's about $550 equivalent where I live. Which for us is the monthly paycheck for an administration job as sad as it sounds. I'm a poor dirty bastard :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy C
Dec 3, 2010
The things you love are never cheap are they.