Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

Koesj posted:

I wasn't really disagreeing with your sentiment although I wouldn't know if there are any non-lovely controllerists out there. The only ones I see and recognize are terrible and the best stuff I've seen were producers turned DJs who were having a good time, maybe one of those was using a controller though, who knows.

Most producers that use controllers are just using that as the easiest way to play their own stuff and have already tailored it for traktor to be awesome. Don't really consider them the same as a open format DJ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

quote:

Also, where do you DJ? I'd love to come check you out sometime, for reals

This isn't creepy at all or anything.

Firaga posted:

My favourite part about people hating on controllers is finding out that their favourite DJs all use Traktor or Ableton.

My favorite DJ is DJ Sneak, he only uses vinyl

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

It's odd to me that you guys think I have some kind of deeply invested interest in preserving/proving some nonexistent namesake in a DJ integrity pissing contest on The Something Awful Forums.

quote:

It's not really creepy for goons to meet up.

I'm not interested in meeting up with people from the internet.

quote:

Anyways, I want to improve my mixing abilities. My usual transitions are usually either gradually bringing in mids highs or lows or some combination of the three over 32 or 64 beats and I try to only make big switches over on 32 beat. Or I'll drop in the bass or bass/treble on a 32 beat and work at bringing in the rest over more time. I can kind of drop mix but it can sound weird at times (usually just experiment with this). I also sometimes start with loops on a song to bring it in (usually the first or last four beats of every 32 in the song) and try to make it fit.

I guess I'm just asking for advice on what else I can do or what you guys do. I also feel like I'm missing out by not using cues very much, I try to set cues where I usually start to mix in on a song so I don't have to find it when I load up the song but I'm sure there are more purposes.

I set up cues on songs to know which part of the songs I want to cut in/out of, and mixing windows. It helps a lot when you have a massive library and you're mixing in and out of stuff every few minutes and don't have time to listen/cue stuff up.

OG KUSH BLUNTS fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Apr 3, 2012

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

bedtime for dogs posted:

this thread got weird fast

Yea, I'm done with this thread. Apparently saying anything that might upset controller DJs leads to a massive influx of poo poo posting.