Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I've used the Hercules RMX and I don't really have any complaints with it. For the price it's pretty solid and has a good feel. It's about the right size for almost anything, besides scratching of course.

Since both work with Traktor I think the best is to go and try them out and see which feels better.

From my experience though, the RMX isn't a bad purchase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Here's some videos Pioneer did that are overhead views of the dj. The videos are almost a year old but I think they're still pretty good.

Youtube:
Laidback Luke - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBs9Qa3rPv0

Roger Sanchez - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kiQSAu-100

Fergie - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhLfWsMBxwA

They also have links to the Pioneer's website that have the whole set in one video if you'd prefer.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I think the idea that controllers aren't used by professionals is really old fashioned as plenty of famous dj's like Jooris Voorn, Umek, and Carl Cox amongst others are going the controller only route with traktor. I'd say don't worry so much about what equipment you THINK you should get and go with what you actually want to use and feel most comfortable with like OG said.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I've never actually worn earplugs before but it's time that I do. Do earplugs (like the ones suggested in the OP) get in the way of headphones when djing? If they do, what are some recommended earplugs best suited for djing?

Either way I'm going to get a pair of the ones in the OP for when I go a festival or loud club. I've learned my lesson.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

:siren: Traktor 2 owns :siren:

I hope this lights a fire under the rear end of the workers at Serato, in meantime though I'm gonna pick up Traktor Scratch Pro 2.

What makes it better than Scratch Live? I've used both and kind of prefer SL but I'd like to know the capabilities compared to Scratch Live.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

I could write paragraphs, but I would reccomend downloading the demo from the website and seeing for yourself. In short, they really nailed alot of things that Serato does well that they didn't before and then accomplished a lot of the things Serato 2.0/Bridge are still iffy on.

For reference, I strongly disliked Traktor before Traktor 2.0

I don't use any controllers (CDJ's and mixer setup simply pulling music from SL in absolute mode) when I mix so do you think these new features would benefit people with that type f setup? Either way I'll download the demo and give it a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

So I'm facing a bit of a personal crisis and I figured this thread would give me some good options.

My current setup is centered around my DJM800 that I use either with 2 CDJ400's or 2X1's and an Audio 8 with Traktor. Recently I've considered downsizing to a single unit that would provide me with both USB support to play off flash drives like I do with the CDJ's as well as Traktor support BUT also has 4 channels. The 4 channels is the kicker as I've seen a few units that are 2 channel and meet the other requirements. Does what I'm looking for just not exist? I know that I could go with one of the four deck MIDI controllers for Traktor or Serato but I don't want to lose out on the ability to play solely off of flash drives.

Am I asking for too much here?