Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F'Nog
Jul 21, 2001

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Anyway real question! In the last thread I was asking about laptops. I was avoiding Apple because of their hefty price tags on laptops. So I found some reasonable ones, but they had AMD Turion II processors. I was told to avoid them due to problems with certain software. The other recommendation was intel. My question is what kind of intel processor? There is so many to choose from! And I'm kinda dumb at this.

To be honest, it appears (to me) that buying a mac is a good option because they tend to just work. On Windows based laptops (I've also heard of bootcamped macs doing it) you can often run into DPC latency issues and they often boil down to slowly turning devices things on/off until it settles. For me it turned out to be some rogue USB controller for a set of ports I didn't care about but it was an annoying problem to solve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU