Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fawkes
Apr 6, 2004

Is there a significant reason people are recommending a MacBook Pro instead of an ordinary MacBook?

I've yet to use the one I'm typing on in a live environment, but I've been Boot Camping to Windows 7 and messing about with its version of Virtual DJ just fine. The program's never been without resources and I've recorded a couple of mixes without issues.

This MacBook has been upgraded to 4GB of memory, so that might be part of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fawkes
Apr 6, 2004

dont eat a carb posted:

Does anyone have any tips or tricks on mixing hip hop and grime?

A number of the best grime mixes ever made -- which almost always include U.S. hip-hop -- tend to just backspin the end of songs, so I wouldn't worry about over-complicating it, particularly since attacking it straight only makes the genre come that much more alive.

Fawkes
Apr 6, 2004

number one pta fan posted:

I need something that can auto-fade BUT will bring the next track in at full volume. Traktor, Mixxx and Virtual DJ all slide the crossbar over but it sounds awful when the next song fades in so I need it to fade out the last song then bring the next one in at a normal level.

Couldn't you use each deck's individual sliders instead of the main crossfader?

I know some DJs who never use the main crossfader because the individual sliders give much more precise fading control.