Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

Eat This Glob posted:

didnt olynik hit an Ezekiel choke from bottom mount?

Twice in the UFC and probably a bunch of other times too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!
It also gets harder to stay a dominant champion the lower in weight you go...the consecutive title defense record for UFC Heavyweights is 3, and until recently was 2, while Demetrius Johnson defended the UFC flyweight belt 11 times.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

BlindSite posted:

Unless I'm missing something more nefarious than Ryan just poo poo talking the grappling world and slapping other competitors back stage etc?

He was saying/posting enough dumb poo poo that people got sick of talking about it in the grappling thread and a new thread had to be created, there's some stuff there. (as well as in the grappling thread dated weeks/months before that thread's creation)

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

Torquemada posted:

Is there a reason liver shots seem so much worse in MMA than boxing? It's anecdotal, but I've watched a hell of a lot more boxing than MMA, and see way more people dropping to liver shots in MMA.

I think a boxing glove is just way bigger than like, the average liver, so maybe the impact would be dispersed throughout a wider area? Seems logical but I'm not sure.