Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

Actually this is the best thing Kimbo ever did for MMA:

Hahaha holy poo poo.

Thanks for the OP, MMA crew. I follow it very casually. I do request that Bisping getting punished for running his mouth .gif be posted at earliest convenience. Probably the most brutal thing I've ever seen outside of Hollywood or videogames.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Mr. Carlisle posted:

With the rise in popularity of MMA has traditional Boxing taken a major hit in popularity nowadays? How would you compare it to the days of Tyson (just throwing a popular name out there, I know nothing about boxing anymore) and the guys that could command millions for a single fight? Do they still do that level of business for major fights today?

A major hit. Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis, De La Hoya were basically household names. Even Riddick Bowe and Buster Douglas were fairly well known.

Name a Heavyweight Champion now. In fact, name a champion whose name is not Pacquiao.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

maffew buildings posted:

Vitaly Klitscho. And his brother.

And they won't fight each other. Not that the fight would be any loving good, but the point stands.

But 15 years ago the answer would have been immediate. Now the Klitschos have held the titles for gently caress-all years an no one gives a tin poo poo.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

The IBC Minimumweight title. Because a boxing title for 94 pound presumably adult dudes is important.

Just give each champion a lifetime supply of root-beer and motherfuckers will be cutting weight in no time.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

On the flip side of the coin, I love that Hendu knew for a fact that he had just put Bisping out, and yet dropped the follow-up mortar strike to his face to "shut his mouth." That was my only UFC PPV and that one moment made it worth the money and then some.