Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
So what Boxing/MMA podcasts do you guys recommend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

When was the last time a UFC title was won by submission?

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Is there a reason why Randy Couture is not in the UFC Undisputed games, but is featured in EA MMA?

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

I was watching Mayweather school a ginger today when I noticed that boxing matches (30-36 min.) are longer than MMA fights (15-25). Is there a reason for this?

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

So the UFC thread rejoiced over the news of Keith Kizer resigning from the NSAC.

Why do goons hate him?

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Minotauro Nogueria vs Dave Herman, if only to see Herman eat his words on how "Jiu Jitsu doesn't work" when he's submitted.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Memento posted:

Just doing some moderately-drunken Fightpass watching, and tracking some Bantamweight title fights. Couple of questions:

What happened to Renan Barao? Just couldn't cut it once the level of competition stepped up?

And what's the thing that Brazilians in the crowd chant when their dude is fighting?

They're chanting something to the equivalent of "you're gonna die" at the non - Brazilian fighter.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Speaking of Brits being murdered by Big shots,

Didn't Condit drop Dan Hardy with a good shot in the UK? I remember a bunch of celebrities watching in the crowd and Robert Downey Jr. being the only one cheering as the Brit was dropped.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Speaking of Brawl for All, what exactly is Inokism?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Jesus, it's been a whole year since there has been a question on this thread.

Anyway, you may have heard that Endeavor, UFC's host company, is pretty close to buying WWE. I've been out of the MMA loop for a few years, but I am intrigued by this deal. My questions are:

1) How have the last two years of ownership fared for the UFC under Endeavor ownership versus, say, Zuffa?

2) How do you see this deal shaping out, in relation to the two companies? Do you think they will be run separately, or will I see clips on twitter of Jon Jones running in and costing Brock Lesnar a match?