Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

niethan posted:

Was it unplanned or was it "unplanned"? Cause pulling a knife on a dude is kind of illegal...

He asked the booker if he could pull a weapon at the end of his match. Assuming that Tank meant a chair the booker agreed. Come the finish Tank pulls out a knife and holds it to the other guys throat and says live on air "You know I could loving kill you right now."

The commentators tried to pass it off as him trying to shave the other guys beard. Sadly he was clean shaven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

While on the subject of judges, which officals are the ones that MMA fans groan the world over when they hear they are scoring the fight? I know the name Cecil Peoples only through his bad reputation, are there any others and do MMA judges deserve their terrible reputation?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

niethan posted:

How are such details known? Are they from background sources or speculation or what? Was Tank at least fired directly after the incident?

WCW at the time was full of politicians who ran to Meltzer to tell any horror story they experienced backstage in order to try and get other people fired so they could improve their spot. Since the WWE became the only game in town, a lot of unemployed wrestlers have done shoot videos where they tell all in exchange for enough money to pay the rent or buy crack for the next month. Tank's told the story himself in his shoot video.

As far as I recall he was unpunished for that, and actually got his biggest push in the company soon after when he was the male groupie for a wrestling boy band.