Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
I have the opposite question to whoever asked about great submission fighters. I find that whenever a fight goes to the ground I have absolutely no idea what the hell is happening, so I was wondering what the best fights are in like, the UFC, that were all about strikes and didn't involve any ground hugging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

Giovanni Qobras posted:

watch k-1. giants, midgets, one eyed children, k-1 truly has it all.

ahaha. I just had a quick look at K-1 on youtube. I think this is what I will watch.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
I just watched a couple of k-1 matches on yt between Andy Hug and Mike Bernardo. I think I'm an Andy Hug fan. I like his silly name, the fact that he looks like an action movie star and his video game moveset (AN AXE KICK!?). The second fight was kind of anti-climactic though. He just kicked the dude's legs til he couldn't stand anymore.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

RobBorer posted:

Son, take a seat. We have to have a talk. :(

He appears to be dead. What an incredible shame, especially at that age. According to his bio on Wikipedia, he beat cro-cop (even I know who this guy is) only a couple of months before dying of cancer. Amazing. He would have been a legend if he isn't already considered one.