Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Pro wrestling is also like a daytime soap opera in that you can just kinda turn it on at any point and within a few episodes you'll be caught up on all the storylines/understand what's going on. As said above the threads are also great if you're curious about a specific angle or wrestler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Eat The Rich posted:

Whew boy I was drunk last night.

Thanks, guys. That was all really helpful. You'll see me around asking questions once my head stops throbbing

It always astounded me hearing stories of wrestlers drinking so heavily back in the day (or current day) and going out and wrestling a match the next day or later in the day. Taking bumps when your hungover must just be agony.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

BlindSite posted:

It's called cocaine.

well i know Kevin Nash talks on his podcast about how he and the kliq drank a lot in 90s WWF because they'd fail the wellness policy for smoking pot so I don't think it was coke because that'd fail the policy too.

Like I'm sure they did a lot of coke nonetheless but I imagine "just keep drinking so you don't get hungover" is the more likely answer.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

i was always under the assumption jakes fights were worked does he actually legit fight

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

his fights are legitimate.

i mean as much as any boxing fight is i assume lol