Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Z! True Long Island Story Episode 3.

Push this man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Zack Ryder's latest escapades.

I really, really, really, really hope somebody takes notice of this. And not in the way that would get Zack fired.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Old Man Zbyszko rants about Jericho for nearly fifteen minutes.

* Says Chris Jericho is 5 foot 6

So that's why Jericho mentioned Last Call with Scott Hall on his Twitter.

Also, Larry's not too far off on the height. I ran into him after a show once and he was only an inch or two taller than me (5'6"), tops.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Sorry, I wasn't clear - he wasn't far off on Jericho being 5'6".

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Ozz81 posted:

I get that maybe he's joking about Zack and the "four fans" but still, he didn't seem genuine when he said that hopefully guys like Zack would be the future...sounded too forced to me.

The other issue is that he implied that there's no room for those guys on TV or in semi-prominent roles until after the big names have cleared out. How are we supposed to care about new guys or buy them as main eventers if they don't interact with other main eventers? I guess it goes back to his ridiculous "no one ever got over by beating established guys" philosophy.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Low Ki vs. Essa Rios

Low Ki vs. Christian

Oh, Heat/Metal.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

I think I karaoke-d there when I visited Philly, though it might just be wishful thinking. Seedy bars tend to blend together after awhile. Nevertheless, it is now my mission to attend KoT and sing karaoke with the wrestlers afterward.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

DarkstarIV posted:

Looks like we have a new belt to add to WWE Discussion next week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9-Gu6NhNQE

Oh man I hope he wears that on TV (by which I mean WWE.com).

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Deadpool posted:

That was a drat good episode of Superstars. That Kidd/Baretta match was a lot of fun.

I posted in the general discussion but I totally concur. Oddly I can't watch the big video on WWE.com or Youtube (even with Modify Headers on), but I can watch the small one in the sidebar on WWE.com. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense really.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Rob Van Dam was on the X-files!

There's a clip of his appearance around 18m25s. He's definitely playing to type!

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Does anyone have the Claudio C. promo from FCW?

If it's going to be on TV, it will be this Sunday at the soonest.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Daniel Bryan vs. Trent Baretta from this week's Superstars.

I haven't even watched it yet but I assume it's awesome.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

For those who don't frequent the FCW thread, here's Claudio Castanoli's debut match.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Cody Rhodes talks Zelda.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Here's William Regal vs. Dean Ambrose from this week's FCW TV. Regal may be more vicious and villainous here than I've ever seen him before.

Pre-match promos and build
Part 1
Part 2

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

So Tyler Reks made a cartoon.

I could get behind those four as a stable. The cartoon...I'm not so sure about.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Is this the biggest tag match in WWF/E history?

Rockers & Hart Foundation & Powers of Pain & Bulldogs & Young Stallions vs. Demolition & Conquistadors & Rougeaus & Russians & Brainbusters. Parts 2 & 3 are in the related videos - it looks like about 45 minutes, so make sure you have time to spare before watching.

I'm only 1/3 through so far, but it's been a fun match in spite of the awkwardness of people having to move whenever anyone runs the ropes. I'm also impressed that Roma could jump right to the top rope!

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Superstars was really good this week, guys! Watch it!

Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

McIntyre vs. Gabriel, Barretta vs. Hunico, Swagger vs. Riley, Epico & Primo vs. Air Boom

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Suben posted:

Oh also, I don't know why the spoilers said he came out with Epico because that dude is clearly not Epico and looks absolutely nothing like him. Maybe it's Hijo del Medico Asesino who they've had signed for a while but hasn't even been in developmental or something since he's the only other hispanic dude they have that's not Averno and that guy's way bigger than Averno. He's obviously supposed to be more than some local guy.

Yeah, it's funny how they had a Hispanic "gang"-type stable, then immediately split them apart only to form two Hispanic duos. Driving your partner out on a bicycle built for two isn't exactly the best way to introduce someone who is (apparently) meant to look like a badass, but I guess it's better than a lawnmower.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Oh, highly audible fans.

Edit: here's a sweet camera angle from the same match.

Also, they're calling Justin Gabriel "The Cape Town Werewolf" for some reason.

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Dec 24, 2011

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

William Regal packs more Smiths references into 30 seconds than Matt Striker did in his entire tenure on commentary.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

To anyone not watching King Ka King, you're missing some pretty awesome Scott Steiner insanity.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

Someone's decided they don't wanna go back to the WWE.

They should definitely hire fake Paul Bearer, though.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Railroad5 posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAVnuVzw6m8

The Blue Danielube Waltz

That was pretty fantastic.

Apex predator my rear end, Randy.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Slowly working my way from the start of the strangest fanart thread and am surprised it took this long for wrestling-related stuff to come up.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

If I got to have one night out drinking with Andre the Giant I think I would know my life was worthwhile.

I would hope so, as you'd almost certainly die of alcohol poisoning.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

God Of Paradise posted:

Well, he did it with a broken freaking neck.

He's also a MAN in a MANLY SPORT full of MANLY MEN. Crying is for PANSIES.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

neoaxd posted:

What a great interview. Thanks for posting that.

Yeah, I initially balked at listening to dudes talk for 23 minutes, but it was totally worth it.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Cross posting this segment from the Zack Ryder thread because I don't think enough people are seeing it in there. Incidentally, if someone could .gif the entire thing that would be very much appreciated.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Stop-motion wrestling: CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan.

As retweeted by Joey Styles!

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Bocc Kob posted:

JBL is full of crap, but I can't form the words to explain it properly. :mad:

The story structure of wrestling shows have to be open because they have to be able to come back next week or month or whatever. You have to have pay-offs or climaxes to keep the audience interested in continuing to watch. Other stories that start at a certain point and stop at a certain point are self-contained, they can hint at or tease things that are never fully explained and it can build up in your mind because that's all there is. You'll be interested after you've seen it because you can go back and think about it some more. I need to read a book on literature or something. :argh:

I think you'd have been better off leaving it at this.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Dear Alex Riley, what the hell are this and this supposed to be? Love, Chinston.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

Is that from this Superstars? Because I'm pretty sure that hiptoss is a hiptoss into a neckbreaker move, and not a botch. That drop kick is totally a botch though because it looks like Drew thought he was going to leap frog him, then drop kick.

Yeah, the first one I could buy as hip toss/neckbreaker, it just seemed awkward. I'm not sure if Drew wasn't expecting it or what. The dropkick was awful though.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

How the gently caress did he get these? This is awesome.

Some satellite companies used to broadcast tapings as they happened (I forget why), so you'd get to see dark matches and pre-edited content.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

If you get a chance, pause the video when they're showing the classroom and the bathroom when Punk talks to Cabana about the 5th grade, there's some funny stuff on the chalkboard (Steiner's Theory of winning explained), and some funny grafitti on the bathroom wall ("Iran is Number 1, Russia is number 2, I just made number 2").

See if you can find the hidden Cornette face! And yeah, all kinds of other references.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

Steen F5ing Mack onto Knox was a planned Ref bump. Botchamania is overrated.

I'd like to hope that they didn't intend for Mack to land directly on Knox's head. Man that was nasty.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Fandango vs. Jamie Noble featuring incredible wrestling commentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z4EtZsFO8E

Looks like Bray Wyatt will need to find a new finisher.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Jay 2K Winger posted:

"Yeah, but he's seven feet tall, AND drunker than you."

My favourite part of the whole video was seeing that Giant brought a bag lunch to the courtroom.

At least that's what I'm assuming was in the paper bag and you're not telling me otherwise.

Gavok posted:

Botchamania 226 and 227.

The MST3K and Charlie Brown jokes on the first one got me good. I laughed at the ending after seeing it coming within a second.

Holy crap the ending on 226. I cracked right up and had to explain the reason to my wife.

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Mar 14, 2013

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

HulkaMatt posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToRtC_R0b6M

Let's remember the less dangerous Jimmy/BJ Powerbomb spot!

How did that not end in a lawsuit from fans? Holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Steve Blackman sighting!!! Plus, to follow the last post, DB wrestles a bear!

• Locked thread