Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
In spite of some decent impressions, this is completely retarded.

Edit- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8GfTunz6OI&feature=fvwrel :psyduck:

Perry Normal fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Feb 13, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Quantrill posted:

Yeah, Drew says "Go Sounders, thanks for wearing the shirt" or something like that. Drew is a huge supporter of the Sounders for some reason (he should really back the Crew).

For some reason, like his partial ownership of the team that was mentioned two posts above yours. Unless you're making a joke that I missed.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Jesus, I guess know I know what the storyline in Botched Spot was based on now.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Mr. Carlisle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ioU1Ws0nJ4

Episode 4 of True Long Island Story in which Zack Ryder:

*Interviews a cardboard cutout of Justin Beiber
*Claims that he 'does all the jobs' by listing a ton of different 'jobs' he does ("I know why the unemployment rate is so high - cause I'm doin all the jobs!)
*Says 'shooting' isn't really his thing and then proceeds to agree to shoot by dressing up as Han Solbro
*Makes fun of CM Punks wrist tape
*Says he doesn't have much in common with Charlie Sheen because Sheen is always winning.
*Does a fist pump dance to help Chris Jericho on Dancing With The Stars

Apologies if the new episode was already posted. This show is amazing.

PUSH THIS MAN!!!!!

edit- Seriously, I'm going to but his t-shirt. I think it's ugly as poo poo and I'll never wear it, but I'll feel like I did my part.

Perry Normal fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Mar 12, 2011

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Suben posted:

Just make sure you tweet him a picture of you wearing it so you can get an autographed picture!

Well, now that they're apparently going to sell headbands, I may just get one of those. I wonder if he'll make the same offer to people who'll buy the headband?

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Mr. Carlisle posted:

...a delusional trip through Larryland...

It`s funny to see how hard he`s running with this, and I guess, rightfully so. Its been years since anyone gave the slightest poo poo about anything to do with Larry Zbysko.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Maybe they broke up and he couldn't find a cardboard cutout so he figured this would be the next best thing?

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

It's pretty cute, my girlfriend is way more into wrestling than she'd ever admit. She got so pissed off at Hunter talking about Ryder. When he was going on about guys like Ryder someday replacing him, she yells out "translation: you guys can have the pool after I'm done making GBS threads in it!" and then she gave the computer screen the finger.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

If I happen to meet you guys at KoT please do not let her yell at me.

I'll do my best.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

DarkstarIV posted:

Guess what time it is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My7ve2WXiU8

Goddamn, Big-O is my favorite part of the show.

`Zack Ryder does not get pushed!` Ahhh, self-deprecating humour.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

:stare: That's...awesome? How the hell did this happen?

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Does anyone remember this video of a battle royal from the attitude era which must have been leaked through the satellite like those ones? If I remember correctly, the commentary track was just Jim Cornette and somebody talking and making fun of a lot of the wrestlers. I got the impression that they taped it just to evaluate some of the guys.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Pre-WWF Mark Henry lifts (sort of) 675 lbs of chili with an intern in it on Conan O'Brien

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

apsouthern posted:

Holy poo poo, this is the best thing ever. Black Ref Justin King rules.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

WWWYKI

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Perigryn posted:

Thrillseekers music video "I'll Sleep When I'm Dead"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEtPbvLlUJ0&feature=related

This is just....

Alternate option for those of us who hate Bon Jovi - http://youtubedoubler.com/xF6 Tubedubber wasn't working, so just mute the Thrillseekers video.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Railroad5 posted:

PUSH THIS MAN: http://www.youtube.com/user/LongIslandIcedZ#p/a/u/0/sT8kcOOQ5AM

And by that I mean Scott Stanford.

I'm sure it'll get old eventually, but for now I love all his turns on wrestling lingo. Drawing money!

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Beautiful Ninja posted:

My only regret in life is not being born as Zack Ryder.

That's a hell of a statement coming from a man with an Eric Escobar avatar.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

89 posted:

That just reminds me how much that roster annihilates what we have to deal with these days :(

MENG! :(

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Saint Jimmy posted:

I'm having a hard time finding this, but I know it's out there:

Randy Savage and Hogan on the same team in a tag match. Hogan is out cold so Savage hits him with the elbow drop to wake him up. It was one of the most WTF moments ever and considering today, I'd like to see it again. Thanks.

edit- No, it's here at about the 9 minute mark.

First link I put up was the second half of the match, but it turns out it was in the first half of the match. loving WCW, you do something as batshit insane as a reviving elbow in the first half of the match? And then have Hogan no sell a powerbomb from Vader afterwards?

Perry Normal fucked around with this message at 08:04 on May 21, 2011

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

I remembered loving this, but it's been ages since I've seen it. Thanks!

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Lone Rogue posted:

Jesse could clean himself up and look like the most bad-rear end politician to ever exist.

But Jesse don't give a poo poo. Why? Because he doesn't have to look bad-rear end.

He is bad-rear end.

(I'm almost positive Mike Haggar's look is based off of him when he was in Running Man)

I always figured Haggar was based on Dan Severn.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

Don Frye, most people can't tell the difference either.

Yeah, I saw this when I GIS'd Hagger.

But then I looked at Frye's wikipedia, did anyone know who he was in 1989 when Final Fight came out?

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

That was the best botchamania in a while. That Chimel tape is hilarious.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Phenix Rising posted:

Man, these Andre videos are so depressing :( Dude could barely stand up without needing the ropes. Such a shame that they didn't catch it early enough in life to do something about it like they did with The Big Show.

I think I remember reading that the procedure that Show had done didn't exist yet when Andre was young enough to have it.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Hahahaha, Cole and Lawler make so much fun of Chimel.

edit: JR: "Paul, we've got eleven segments here. Don't provoke him."

Perry Normal fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jun 17, 2011

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

So I was skipping through, but I think I caught that the gist was that Raven was this mean wrestling trainer guy who was also dating Cheerleader Melissa. Melissa wrestled Shelly Martinez at some show the Smashing Pumpkins guy was at for some reason. Shelly and Melissa were also into each other, but Melissa wouldn't go through with it because she was dating Raven. Then Raven was mean and made out with some random chick in a grotesque manner, and Melissa and Shelly hosed, the end.

Do I have it right?

Well, they just cuddle in the end, but the sexual tension earlier implies that more will happen. But, yeah, you got the gist of it.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Joey McChrist posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOzdJX-YImE

From before Wrestlemania. Sorry Rock you ain't got poo poo on Cena.

True.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

No link to part 2?

Pretty funny that he predicted exactly what would happen on Raw.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

CapCityGoofBall posted:

I LOOKED FOR IT :saddowns:

I appreciate your effort, sir. And you evale, thanks for tracking it down.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

DarkstarIV posted:

So has it been established that Matt Hardy is a loving dumbass? Well this furthers the proof that he's an idiot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHFUpsGqMPg

Matt Hardy will win a Darwin Award when he dies.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Oatgan posted:

A new straight to video Stone Cold movie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgPl1d-Iahc

You know, say what you want about Austin's acting or choice of films, or whatever, but he seems pretty goddamn well suited for this sort of action stuff. He still looks like he could tear your drat head off and has such a great voice for yelling those standard action movie lines. "HANG ON!!!"

Are any of his movies any good? I heard a lot of people poo poo on The Condemned, but I've never seen any of them.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Found this while trying to find Severn's match in the Brawl for All. I take it its from the Australian airing of Superstars (which I thought had been replaced by Jakked or Metal or whatever by that time, but I guess it was like how NXT still airs on TV in certain international markets due to the contracts).

But it's so odd to see Attitude Era footage with Gorilla Monsoon commentating (who was still, apparently, the "President" of the WWF for some time after McMahon became the on-air owner).

Dan Severn vs. some jobber from WWF Superstars in 1998

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Eugene Jerome posted:

New Japan has started airing matches from their May US tour on Japanese TV:

5/14/2011 - Day 2 - Basketball City, NYC

Prince Devitt vs. Low Ki

This was really good, thanks! I'll have to check out the rest of them later.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

HulkaMatt posted:

WWE is now doing a series of videos on tag teams that aren't really interesting. The only thing is they've called this series: LOOK HOW lovely WE ARE AT BOOKING TAG TEAMS

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Kneecaps posted:

How is Orton a face??? He's a sociopathic bully who attacks others at the drop of a hat. The booking in WWE is so hosed up right now.

Hogan - Whines about his loses, frequent user of rakes to the eyes and back
Austin - An alcoholic hillbilly, prone to sociopathic episodes
Michaels - A male stripper (or in the later years "an old man who thinks he's a male stripper")
Rock - A verbally abusive bully
Cena - A white rapper who's been known to drop gay and fat jokes

WWE face booking has always been hosed up.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

That move where he grabs him by the knee off the leap frog never ceases to amaze me. Really fun match.

Also, I just realized that the guillotine choke would be a pretty fantastic counter to the world's strongest slam. Just saying.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

cool solidarity rally I saw zack ryder's headband in the background.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCrGtZcqZ04&feature=related

Perry Normal fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Oct 12, 2011

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Generic CAW posted:

Ric Flair VS Shawn Michaels in 2008 was the greatest storyline in wrestling history in my opinion.

One of my all-time favs, for sure. I love the subtleties of it.

When Michaels starts acting heelish and talking about Old Yeller, it seems a bit out of character. But I realized that Michaels didn't want to be the one to retire his mentor. And, realistically, he knew that Flair was past his prime. But maybe if he gets Flair angry, if he really gets him worked up, Naitch might pull it off. I don't remember the commentators ever picking up on that, and I was a little disappointed.

It also led wonderfully into a year's worth of storylines, feeding into the Batista feud and then Jericho. And I loved the three part structure that entailed. Flair-Michaels was face vs. face with Michaels as sort of the defacto heel while not actually turning. Then Michaels vs. Batista was also face vs. face, Batista as defacto heel this time, also remaining face. Then Jericho pulls, I think, the best heel turn in decades.

Here's an odd Jericho heel turn video set to Lenny Kravitz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Found this Trevor Murdoch clip in the related videos to that apron suplex one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2wwVCrFmRA&feature=related

Didn`t know he`d gone to Japan. Sick spot.

• Locked thread