Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Here's TAJIRI vs Super Crazy from two weeks ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwqn-q--KPg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
It's like he hates his body because it't made of flubber.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Suben posted:

Toshie Uematsu & Ran Yu-Yu vs. Kiku Kong & Sakura the Butcher
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82bVnIBAsds

I like how Ran can't keep a straight face at all throughout the match. The slow motion part is the absolute best outside of maybe Hirota's agility and balance in a fat suit.
Does Sakura usually do impersonations or was it just an "I'm teaming with Kiku, better do something wacky" thing? Because she's a better Abby in this than the real Abby these days.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

CombineThresher posted:

Of course she is, the real Abby is in his 70s.
Yes, and he still wrestled in the match directly after that one.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

For any CHIKARA fans who are wondering whether Togo can still bring it.

"GOD BLESS DDT 2010"
28.11.2010 (Samurai! TV)
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1,525 Fans - Super No Vacancy Full House

KO-D Openweight Championship
Hikaru Sato (c) vs Dick Togo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9w33OKc_VQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfzlSDgnOM8

This is easily in his top 3 singles matches ever. Fantastic stuff.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Volcano Style posted:

Does anybody have that video where Kikutaro enters a Royal Rumble whilst recording the whole thing with a camcorder? I really want to see that again.
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/11739624

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Crosspostin' this from the gif thread:

kaujot posted:

My first exposure to Dick Togo was this year's King of Trios. Any great shows/matches you can recommend? (He's amazing :swoon:)

Illinois Smith posted:

Segunda Caida has a thing called The Complete & Accurate Dick Togo, where they review matches from his 20-year career, lots of them have Youtube links.

Apart from that, if you like CHIKARA you'll enjoy any match you can find of him in 90s Michinoku Pro. It's all awesome.

Here's some stuff I put on Dailymotion ages ago:
- Sato vs Super Delfin (Mask vs Mask)
- Sasuke, Sato & Shiryu vs Shinzaki, Delfin & Naniwa (Part 2)
- Togo, TAKA & Funaki vs Liger, Hamada & Naniwa
- One of the many crazy epic 10man tags from 1996 (Part 2
- Togo vs Liger in their only singles match ever

Some Youtube links:
- Sasuke, Hamada & Yakushiji vs Togo, Teioh & TAKA (ECW Barely Legal) (Part 2)
- Togo vs TAKA (RAW 1998)
- Togo invades Argentina, carries a low-rent Jack Evans to the match of his life
- Somebody already upped the complete retirement match that all the gifs are from, includes video package & post-match stuff (the same guy also has the rest of the show)

Also, apart from his appearance in CHIKARA, the last year or so of his career had a whole bunch of fantastic matches. Especially his last run with DDT's main belt.

KO-D Openweight Championship matches
- Dick Togo vs Hikaru Sato (Part 2)
- Dick Togo vs Antonio Honda (Part 2)
- Dick Togo vs HARASHIMA (Part 2)
- Dick Togo vs Kota Ibushi (Part 2)
- Dick Togo vs Shuji Ishikawa (Part 2), (Part 3)

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jul 27, 2011

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

SenorLARIATO has taken his talents to Dailymotion, so here's this:

UNION “1…2…3…UNION!”, 03/01/2012
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1,130 Fans – No Vacancy

DDT EXTREME TITLE - TLC MATCH;
08. El Generico (c) vs Isami Kodaka

Things to know:
- Generico won the title from Isami back in September
- Isami has since gained the use of a very powerful and awesome special weapon
- Isami is a current BJW tag team champion and regular in their deathmatch division, so a TLC rematch certainly plays right to his strengths

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ibushi vs Generico from last weekend

Kota sure does some crazy poo poo for a guy who returns in this after being injured for 8 months. The part of the intro package where he shows what he's been up to in the meantime (I assume) is wonderfully DDT.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

I always assumed that channel was all about them trying to find the next Z! True Long Island Story. 80s Tiger Mask matches in HD were about the last thing I expected to find there, that's pretty rad.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

ABBY JR.'S TRAINING VIDEO ARCHIVE!

- No Mind, No Matter
- Keeping a Routine
- Diet tips /w Big Shuji
- The Art of Cooling Down
- Egg 'em Drink 'em Kobayashi Sparring
- Post-Match Relaxation

FOLLOW THESE ANCIENT TECHNIQUES! REACH YOUR FULL POTENTIAL!

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

I love Archie but that's a spot Kikutaro has been doing for years.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Daniel Bryan IS hip hop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Crosspost from the puro thread:

Here's 5 minutes of clips from a DDT offshoot that took place last March where everyone dressed up as WWE guys.

Features Kiku and Honda as Hogan and Warrior, Okabayashi as Goldberg, Toba as John Cena, Fukuda as Mr. Perfect and I guess Takagi as Vince McMahon at the end.

• Locked thread