Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
will compression shorts tear in no gi due to angry buttscotting? I don't want to roll in my thai shorts, but I do want to try out the gay sport class without having to buy new gear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
how much is a custom piece from the dentist in the us? 400? gently caress. it's about 200 over here, so if you're competing and aren't an old living off foodstamps rear end mobn, that's the way to go. the shock doc nano is the best boil n bite one I've used.

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
if it hurts during training, you're essentially looking at a longer recovery time. you're not teaching your body to adjust

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
i enjoyed every minute of karelin-gardner

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
gracies are such frauds

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Bohemian Nights posted:

Don't mind Gomi Pile. He hasn't made a single worthwhile post in this thread since it was created. His kind of posting is a sad side effect of this thread being in PSP, I suppose.

don't sass

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
rheinhold please clear up the terminology in the a/t thread...i've finally found this one more approachable and would like to show my gratitude with a fake avatar cert: CD9FT80-0C3G3F5B7D-CDA71

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
he's really bad at mma

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
that's pretty cool and should be used on the inevitable psp offsite after caff threatens to :cthulhu:assassinate president obama:cthulhu: with a twister for not being tough on white people

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

tesilential posted:

Goddamn Palhares is retarded.

That heel hook was disgusting.

he's adorable and did nothing wrong there

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

fatherdog posted:

Except for the part where he stopped when the referee called time and then immediately started cranking again

i don't see him stopping. palhares doesn't understand english or gentle touches anyway, so the ref clearly wasn't doing his job

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
In Judo we outlawed brutish techniques like the double leg which can lead to brutal knockouts if performed by an unhinged bully.

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
all i noticed was fatherdog doing the kj noons and i can appreciate that

i'm thinking about joining a traditional wrestling gym (as in not mma wrestling).
1. how likely is it that these people practice in singlets?
2. i should expect to buy wrestling shoes, right?

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
rupture is closing it's doors, so this might be a good time to stock up on rashguards n poo poo while supplies last..

quote:

Everyone,

With a deep sense of regret, I'm writing to inform you that this will be the last iteration of Rupture Clothing products. Due to other business interests and the mounting and sheer impossibility of US-based soft goods manufacturing at a cost that is reasonable, I am making a conscious choice to not release additional items.

For almost 5 years, our company has shipped products to every corner of the US and many countries. Our business grew steadily and continuously and continues to remain very strong. The latest release and overwhelming success of the PTSi shorts made this an extremely difficult decision.

However, US-based manufacturing costs continue to rise, and it is nearly impossible to compete with companies that manufacture overseas from a wholesale perspective. Sticking to our ethos of "Made in the USA" under ethical working conditions means I would never get to grow the brand beyond a certain point. I was never willing to compromise on the former, but knowingly making this decision means Rupture remains a small niche brand. The amount of effort required to run a small company that has a growth ceiling which it is unable to overcome made this decision clear.

It's important to note that this is not being done for financial reasons. Rupture Clothing as a company is financially very strong and has grown year after year, and the brand name carries a lot of value due to our reputation for having the best grappling products on the market. I am choosing not to sell the brand, despite lucrative offers to do so. I am extremely proud of the fact that we built a brand many others copied, and our products still hold the standard for shorts and rash guards to this day. I would not want the company and brand I started with my bare hands to be tarnished with inferior, overseas-made products.

There is really no self-imposed end date for this. However, when the last product on our website shows "Out of Stock", that will mark the end of our product cycle.

I'm proud to say that over the past 5 years we have been known as a principled company with a high degree of integrity. We have never been late paying a sponsored athlete, and have always done our best to make our customers happy. I'm grateful for your patronage and support.

-Nick

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
carefully curling toes is the gentle bjj move and not as effective in real fighting, a demonic catchwrestler will rip those fuckers right off

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Isn't there stuff in TJJ like "how do I attack a man on a horse while I'm on one knee and we both hold short swords"?

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
so it's kinda weird to claim that the red belt helio gracie uncovered the forgotten jiu jitsu techniques and diet?

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

swagger like us posted:

Anyways, Im thinking of doing a Wed/Fri/Sun split. Is this a reasonable split for weightlifting with grappling? I don't want to some wonky fad strength workout of 50 burpees to 20 pushups and would rather get into a strength focused lifting program like WFSB. Anyone else here do YLLS Approved lifting with BJJ/MMA?

I do heavy, mostly compound lifts twice a week push/pull. I'm still making steady gains, but obviously less than I would with a more intense regiment. That's the most I can manage while still feeling 100% during practice at my fitness level. Play around and see what works for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

manyak posted:

Sports that are cool and let you slam people: Wrestling, judo, MMA, pro wrestling (?)

Sports where you are encouraged to fall over and scoot around on your rear end, and act like a stupid baby: BJJ

this is very offensive and close-minded, here's a rebuttal from my facebook feed..oss!