Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Xguard86 posted:

this is probably one of the strangest things to realize. Most of the founding guys were at least what we'd consider upper middle class. Like, Helio had that enormous property with the big house and acreage. I don't think Bjj was that lucrative at the time. Not that they weren't tough or hard workers, or that they were hedgefund rich, but they had the time to train really hard and have very little actual income.

Also see: Arona, Ricardo
yeah BJJ wasn't as bad as polo, but it was certainly dominated by the upper class and the wealthy and in general the kind of people who had sons who could lounge around the dojo and study during the evenings. Carlos Machado dropped out of law school to help establish a network of academies in the US, he was familiar with the language because he had exchanged there earlier and so on.

Dante posted:

man roger gracie isn't kidding around when he says his academy is different

http://vimeo.com/user7552022/submission

also I guess Estima just outweirded his rival

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za3kVxAr82c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Rids! posted:

Rolling no-gi last night my opponent was inside my closed guard and had gripped around my head/arm (like someone might do from side-control) and I found that I couldn't sweep from that position, and he was stronger than me enough that I couldn't break his grip around my arm/head.

I was trying to duck his arm and take his back but couldn't get out from under. I couldn't escape my hips to the side because he had my shoulders pinned flat.
What should I have done?

I ended up sinking a triangle (but he was saved by the bell) but only because he eventually tried to pass guard. If he hadn't tried to pass I would have just been stuck there.
Can you find a picture or draw something to show how he was gripping your head/arm because I can't visualize it.

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Nierbo posted:

When I have a guys back and I'm going for the blood choke or air choke, are they both called a rear naked choke? How would I differentiate between them by name? (in english, I don't care about memorizing the japanese names at the moment)
Yes they're called the same, they just have different grips. What you call the air choke variant is a RNC with a gable grip. I've also heard it called seatbelt (resembled the seatbelt/overunder position), mma (easier to do with gloves) and jack (because of how you use your elbow on their back), but I think RNC with a gable grip is the best name for it.

On a sidenote about the air/blood choke thing, almost all of the chokes you will do are blood chokes including the RNC with the gable grip. Air chokes don't really shut off the air supply unless you use enough force that you risk damaging his windpipe or larynx (and because it takes a good amount of time for his body to use up the oxygen in his blood it also takes awhile), so basically unless you're willing to risk hurting someone you're hoping he taps to pain. For blood chokes to work it's only necessary to reduce the flow of a carotid artery on one side, and that's in reality what happens when a guy goes to sleep with a gable grip.

Dante fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jan 31, 2012

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Well the IBJJF has loving done it now, they've updated their already dumb ruleset on reaping to basically ban any berimbolo and DLR sweep that puts inward pressure on the knee. They also of course did this right before the euros so a bunch of people didn't know and got DQ'ed. I don't really have any faith that this is done to protect the fighters, this is probably just another step to "clean it up" for the olympics where this horrible banning poo poo will just continue to judo-esque levels. Hillary Williams (who aside from being a good competitor and licensed IBJJF referee doesn't have any more connection as far as I know) is making some horrible defenses of these rules too over on the underground which just makes me worry more that this is what they're really thinking behind the scenes:

quote:

Jiu Jitsu historically has NEVER emphasized leg attacks. So it's not in the sport. And in congruency with rules already in motion that do not allow inward pressure on the knee, something else that does it cannot be allowed.

quote:

I think it's important to keep in mind here that berimbolo is quite new, I would bet that a vast minority of schools play and/or teach it. All the other students who are unaware of and not exposed to this until tournaments are quite often the cause of these injuries rather than the move itself. But the fact remains that people do get hurt.
This well "this is new and unhistorical to our sacred sport, someone might get hurt lets ban" it is an awful attitude that has poo poo all over judo.

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

nemoulette posted:

I read somewhere that the bow and arrow is like the most common choke in high level gi competition.

It's probably the most common submission period and collar chokes put together make up the majority of submissions in total.

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Xguard86 posted:

I lost to a guy at blue belt to that as well. I spent 3 minutes making him hop like a rabbit in my x-guard then he got out and choked me with like a minute left.

I feel bad since I haven't competed in like two years, since I got to purple. I'd like to but I hate how poorly run most tournaments are, the enormous "do anything to win a meaningless trophy" assholes and the time commitment to take a whole saturday to sit around. Plus $70 is the standard around here and that seems like a bit of a ripoff.

If there was a like 12pm-6pm, well run $20 entry or whatever mini tournament series I'd do it once or twice a month.
Go talk to your school and ask if they'd be interested in doing an interschool tourny in the area if you do all the organizing. If you set it up right you can get 4-5 schools and a nice turnout for the purple and below and after doing it once it'll pretty much run itself. Throw some names in a hat and set up a pool and run the matches over 2 saturdays or something. You can get nonshit refs and rules probably too and it's nice experience for the big comps. The winner can get a yellow t-shirt that says LOCAL CHAMP or something.

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Drewjitsu posted:

Also, Don't loving cross your ankles in rear mount (I'm sure you don't but I might as well harp on it while I'm out with my stupid crossing my ankles injury).
On the flipside whenever someone has sunk the RNC on you, always try a hailmary by grabbing their ankels/gi pants and cross them then trying to submit them. You'll probably go to sleep first, but if you don't it's hilarious.

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

fatherdog posted:

My take on it - ADCC is the biggest money grappling tournament there is. You can't make a living just competing in the IBJJF; the money comes from A) running your academy, B) making instructionals, C) MMA, and D) the few grappling tournaments like ADCC that pay significant cash. Last year's ADCC, berimbolos were all over the place and leglocks were the single most common submission - if you train just for IBJJF rules, you're going to handicap yourself for two of the four major ways that you make money through jiujitsu. There's a lot of tradition and politics keeping IBJJF in the forefront, but if it doesn't either change its rules or start offering tournaments with significant prize money, it's going to recede in importance in terms of where the major competitors choose to compete.
Well we can hope for that, but it's by no means certain. The momentum that BJJ is gathering combined with the inertia of IBJJF as a prestigious tournament and standard-setting regulatory federation is worrying. While (almost) everyone who competes in the ADCC trains with the gi, nogi is still different enough that you can get by with two different rulesets living side by side. The Abu Dhabi Pros for instance use the IBJJF rules. The real threat is what happens if it goes olympic, which the IBJJF has been lobbying extensively for. The gravitas of the olympics instantly enforce itself as the industry standard and they would obviously pick up the IBJJF ruleset. Pretty much the only sports that can branch out of that are popular spectator sports like boxing or folkstyle wrestling with its school system and cultural background.

On a sidenote here's a pretty interesting snippet about the IBJJF. It's been critized before for being run like a club for friends and it apparently still is.

quote:

I very recently became a recognized IBJJF black belt which required me to fork over $60 bucks for a referee course, $90 dollars for a first aid course, and finally $400 dollars to become registered. Now I'm a part of the organization, where is there a rules committee? The board of directors? Where's my vote? Where's my ability to participate on issues and topics that affect the organization? So far the only thing this registration has given me is the ability to send students to tournaments under my name and stripe recognition for my black belt degrees as I receive them. Going to the website reveals a FAQ page that's been empty for years and a few emails in which to contact the org. There's not even a list of people who work in this organization! Personally, I think the organization needs to confer with it's members, especially it's black belts, about these rules and issues in general that affect it's members. Their tournaments are super organized, now its time to clean house.

Dante fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jan 31, 2012

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

fatherdog posted:

I agree that that would be the likely outcome, but the IBJJF can lobby itself till it's blue in the face, the chance of BJJ becoming an Olympic sport is incredibly low, because the current tendency is cutting down on events, not adding them, and BJJ is way too close to Judo in ruleset to make the cut. If any submission grappling event gets added, it'll almost certainly be no-gi under the FILA ruleset, since FILA has some political clout with the Olympic committee (and the IBJJF, to put it mildly, does not). The FILA ruleset is it's own can of worms, of course.
I agree it's unlikely in the near future (though I expect it eventually), but so far the IBJJF inertia is big enough to keep its ruleset as the standard and BJJ's growth has just fed that instead of giving birth to competitors and they're showing every inclination of continuing to groom it to fit the olympic image. Their original lovely reaping rules have already trickled down all over the place. I hope you're right, but so far it seems like every big gi tournament is going lockstep with IBJJF regulations.

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

fatherdog posted:

I don't. Like I said, FILA no-gi will be in the Olympics long before BJJ ever is, and even that I doubt will happen any time soon.
While it's not as spectator-friendly as the olympics like, it's still a martial art that looks traditional and without bloodshed which is quickly rising in popularity. There were rumours of showcasing BJJ in Athens, but that attempt died. I'd be surprised if this didn't come up in Rio though, just like China used the Beijing Olympics as a way to get wushu officially recognized.

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

fatherdog posted:

It's not really the spectator-friendly aspect; it's the fact that it's very similar to Judo, and the IBJJF's rule changes are making it more similar rather than less. Also, as I said, the fact that FILA has some clout with the Olympic committee and the IBJJF has zero.
Yeah what you're saying is true, it's just that I have a very optimistic view on BJJ's future so I see BJJ ending up in the olympics within my lifetime. In any case the IBJJF is still chugging along ruining things for everyone so far, even though some of their more controversial rules have been in for years now. I hope you're right and some other ruleset becomes a foundation for a recognized tournament.

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

fatherdog posted:

I actually like the FILA scoring rules, aside from their retarded positional resets for out-of-bounds.
They're not horrible, but they still have some of the bad quirks of other rulesystems (penalties for sitting down, points for takedowns) and some dumb ones of their own (weird restarts, points for regaining guard).

Positional scoring is a nessecary evil, but honestly I wish they'd do away with all the fluff around it and only give points for the classic positions and then have first man who scores wins when it hits overtime (also 5 minutes isn't enough).

Dante fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jan 31, 2012

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

fatherdog posted:

Points for takedowns is a "bad quirk" now?
Yes, to the extent that point scoring must be tolerated to avoid having matches until one guy collapses from exhaustion I think the best idea is to only have them be given for the very dominant positions that are generally agreed to be a good platform to submit someone from such as side control, north-south, mount, backmount etc.

Points for solely taking someone down is silly and if you take someone down into a dominant position the points for that position are enough, because it doesn't matter how you attained sidecontrol. It also leaves open a way of gaming the rules to get points by continually taking someone down and disengaging. Similarly I don't care for penalties for sitting down at all, if Marcelo wants to terrorize giants with his butterfly guard then let him go ahead without any weird point penalties.

Xguard86 posted:

Sometimes I wonder what giving points only for mount and back would do. Maybe create more action, or lead to a million overtimes
There would no doubt be a lot of overtime, which is why you could couple it with a few minutes of no-scoring and sudden death scoring at overtime.

It would also be acceptable to have this scoring-light system reserved for black belts and keep more scoring around for the other belts just to speed things up for the ranks that essentially don't matter at all.

Dante fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jan 31, 2012

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Ridleys Revenge posted:

I wish more of these events would differentiate between throws and takedowns. Giving people points for a well-timed fireman's carry is one thing, but every time I see someone get rewarded for hitting a sloppy shot that just drags the opponent down and lands them in guard I get depressed. Guard has been commonly viewed as a neutral position for years, why are so many organizations still acting like it's a positional advantage for the top guy?
because it is
I don't really care how someone got to a position and I'm very wary of scoring how "good" a technique is, because then the sport quickly becomes a lot more subjective and ultimately a sport that's fundamentally a collection of specific techniques cough judo rather than a sport that's about achieving some result by whatever means you can muster as long as it's within these reasonable limits.

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

fatherdog posted:

Sorry, but this is just crap. The purpose of points is to, in the absence of a finish, give a reasonable idea of who the better grappler is, and being a better grappler includes the ability to take people down.
I don't think it gives a clear representation of who is the better grappler anymore than numerous other techniques which I don't think should be given points. The most objective representation is achieving the very dominant positions that are clearly disadvantageous for the other guy. They're also much more closely tied to getting a submission than some other action like takedowns, sweeps etc.

quote:

If takedowns weren't so deemphasized in so many competition rulesets, maybe there'd be less grappling phenoms going into mma and getting their clocks cleaned.
Maybe they would, they would also maybe be better at judo and if you could nopants strike they'd maybe do better at sambo I guess

quote:

Pretty much every ruleset specifically disallows disengaging under passivity/stalling rules.
Yeah and there's pretty much no way to objectively enforce those under such circumstances, if you take someone down (especially in nogi where disengaging is easier) then get yourself in a bit of trouble it would be fair for you to escape by standing out and backing off. Unfortunately this level of subjectivity for something that's hard to judge makes for a lot of unfair referee calls.

Generally I think a tremendous amount of effort should be taken (at least at the black belt level) to make sure it's submissions that determine the result and since points are inevitable you should make them as clear as possible to avoid players strategizing to grapple for solely points instead of getting points on their way to a submission.

Dante fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Feb 1, 2012

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

fatherdog posted:

Yeah, and you're wrong. Part and parcel of being a good grappler is the ability to force a grappling scenario. If you aren't good at takedowns, you are a worse grappler than the guy who is.

There have been grappling sports going back to the dawn of recorded history, and literally every single one of them has put a premium on takedowns when it comes to scoring. There's a good reason for that.
The ability to force a grappling scenario by tying someone up standing or taking someone down to the ground is irrelevant in a sport that is by definition a forced grappling scenario. I understand that a lot of people have a massive attachment to takedowns, but they're no more or less of an indicator of your grappling prowess than other grappling skills like being able to sweep your opponent all over the place from the ground. Maybe we could agree on a middle ground of not penalizing people who sit down and do their (nonpoint) sweeps from there instead of the people who prefer to remain standing in a battle of the takedown points?

In any case takedowns cause a lot of injuries and look a lot like other olympic sports so I guess they're next on the IBJJF hitlist.

Dante fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Feb 1, 2012

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

fatherdog posted:

Which is why they get no more or less points than being able to sweep your opponent.
I agree with that, I just think the number should be zero for both because any potential route to victory that does not go by submission creates an unfortunate strategy of trying to win in that manner, and the more routes the higher that risk is. I think the ability to sustain a very clearly dominant position is the least problematic scoring, since they're closely connected to submissions while being clearly advantageous for one side (unlike say the 50/50).

quote:

I'm actually pretty happy with the FILA middle ground of allowing guard pulls as long as they're simultaneous with a submission attempt.
How does that work in practice because I can't really see how that works for anything but flying submissions or mock attempts at them to get a guard pull.

I don't see the problem at all in allowing people to scoot around in butterfly or go for DLR right away. If people feel more comfortable engaging on the bottom let them, it's already enough of a natural disadvantage being on the bottom.

Bohemian Nights posted:

Can't wait for the new set of IBJJF rules where every competitor starts on their knees.
Well you see library footage has revealed that this is the historical starting point and indeed continues to be cultural practice around the world so clearly this is the traditional and therefore sacred starting position. Not to mention beginners are unfamiliar with takedowns and hurt themselves often, clearly it must go. :argh:

Dante fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Feb 1, 2012

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Grifter posted:

Don't the Olympics like excitement in their sports? Watching a dude abandon a position to attack the leg is one of the most exciting things in BJJ.
Most of the olympic sports are watching by literally no one other than athletes and boring as hell to watch.

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

fatherdog posted:

I agree that that would be the likely outcome, but the IBJJF can lobby itself till it's blue in the face, the chance of BJJ becoming an Olympic sport is incredibly low, because the current tendency is cutting down on events
Just on a sidenote this is apparently not true, since the modern professional conception of the Olympics that number of sports and events has kept going up even though they've revolved sports. It dropped by two in 2009 briefly when baseball and softball were cut, but is up to the previous 28 again since rugby and golf was added for 2016. The current rumblings are that 28 might be the cap, but with one or more sport slots reserved for the host country to pick from the pool of recognized IOC sports.
It looks like Brazil is going for beach soccer for Rio 2016 :ughh:

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

fatherdog posted:

They also cut the number of classes for wrestling not long ago and I believe there was talk of doing the same for Judo.
I'm sure this will be compensated for by adding another million swimming events the same person can win until his trophy will be a hula skirt of gold medals.

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Who Gotch Ya posted:

Fixed for how I see the world

here, have some new heros:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qpOWcgCxDw

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

westcoaster posted:

I don't understand how anyone can not think take-downs are important or show who is better. There is no better display of dominance then picking someone up and throwing them on their head.
If you take someone down or sweep them and get an advantageous position, great you got to a good position you should get points for being in that position. If you take someone down or sweep them and you don't get anywhere that's pretty much identical to a guy sitting down on his rear end in front of you. It's pretty dominant when someone sweeps a dude all over the place or surfs/breakdances on someone in turtle, but I think it's conducive to better grappling to just give points for achieving dominant positions.

Anyway we've pretty much run that debate into the ground over the last few pages so I guess we can go back to talking about what a great matchup Rodolfo vs Roger is going to be

Dante fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Feb 1, 2012

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Dr. Miracle posted:

What do I do to earn my funky rainbow belt?!
The yellow and green belt you mean? That's a separate belt used for competition he wears on top of his purple belt in the video. When two competitors are wearing the same colour gi one guy wears that belt so the referee can signal points/penalties clearly since the gi will cover up colored ankle tape like they use in nogi.

Dante fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Feb 2, 2012

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Note that in addition to being much thicker (and therefore warmer and tire you out more quickly), judo gis are also on average much looser and not reinforced in the areas where BJJ gis tend to be (knees for example). I wouldn't recommend buying a judo gi for BJJ, even though the comp standards for gis are pretty lax in BJJ.

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Drewjitsu posted:

BJJ gi's usually have narrower sleeves than Judogi's, from my experience. Isn't the skirt bit at the bottom of a gi different for each style too?
Judo gis have a bit longer skirt, and BJJ gis are tighter in every way compared to Judo gis (your opponents will have so much more fabric to grap and wrap you up in if you do BJJ in a judo gi). Realistically IJF rules are a hell of a lot more stringent than IBJJF rules when it comes to the gi, so anything that's acceptable in judo should be okay for BJJ competition as well. The only thing you really need to worry about if you compete for BJJ is that it's an acceptable colour, that the sleeves and pants are long enough and the lapel is within regulations. These days pretty much anything a major brand sells in BJJ should be competition certified after shrinking with the exception of weird colours.

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Rids! posted:

This is a really good point.
Everyone knows that's one of the issues, and it's specifically one of the things that IBJJF has working on (along with competitive women's divisions). In the end it's one of the smallest obstacles for BJJ, because the explosive growth that BJJ has had since the 80s pretty much guarantees that's going to happen sooner or later.

Dante fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Feb 7, 2012

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Thoguh posted:

BJJ is the "it" martial art right now, but that doesn't mean it will be forever. I wouldn't assume that it is going to continue to grow at it's current rate long term. At some point BJJ will reach a peak and I'd be very surprised if that peak was higher than where Judo or Olympic Wrestling have been at the past few decades. Consider that sports like Rugby and Cricket, with huge multi-national followings, aren't Olympic Sports.
That sentence is in reply to "start having champions come from all over the world", which it will, just like Rugby and Cricket even though though Rugby isn't really popular outside of a few nations.

Thoguh posted:

Here's the country breakdown for Judo and wrestling medals in the Olympics.
Most sports are dominated by 5 countries or so, both for cultural and population size reasons. Just look at how incredibly skewed table tennis is.

Dante fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Feb 7, 2012

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Also just checked and Rugby Sevens was admitted as an Olympic sport in 2009 (after Rugby was taken out in 1924) and will be a part of the 2016 games.

nemoulette posted:

In terms of number of countries (even if those countries just happen to be old Commonwealth nations and France), I'd say rugby is pretty popular in a bunch of different places. I think the world championships is the third most watched event behind the football world cup and the Summer olympics.
I don't know much about Rugby, but the little I've watched it looks like 7 or so nations pretty much completely dominate the sport. That's a pretty big contrast with cricket which is massively popular in pretty much every commonwealth country.

Dante fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Feb 7, 2012

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Thoguh posted:

I like BJJ, but unless the Olympics do a complete 180 on how they run things, the chances of BJJ ever being an Olympic sport is zero.
If you like BJJ the last thing you'd want it to be is an olympic sport.

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyHk03T0tBM
This will always be the funniest.

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Haven't seen the video yet, but according to some people and his own face Hall got screwed pretty bad:

Also Galvao and Mendes steamrolled their weights apparently

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Dante posted:

Haven't seen the video yet, but according to some people and his own face Hall got screwed pretty bad:

Also Galvao and Mendes steamrolled their weights apparently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MYKH-erk6c
Here's the vid from the match. Seems fair to me really.

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

I wish someone would stuff money into buffers hands until he announced him as nickie diaz

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

the least weasel posted:

I'm surprised they're still trying to paint Braulio as some kind of weasel attempting to build an MMA career off of a win over Nick Diaz in a completely unrelated competition, I would have thought he commanded more respect than that

e: I mean this whole section is just a mess of false assumptions and leaps of logic unless I'm missing somenthing major:

Gracie crazy is way more crazy than Diaz crazy. I also can't help but laugh at this:

quote:

Nick is not without fault by any means. His lack of communication with his team and coach was inexcusable. This will be addressed privately.

Dante fucked around with this message at 12:37 on May 15, 2012

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

dokomoy posted:

Andre jumped over the barricade that separates coaches/fans from the competition. Supposedly he also threatened the ref, but that parts just rumor.

meanwhile rickson sits on the comp mat and no one dares say a word

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

dokomoy posted:

Rickson was allowed to be in Kron's corner. Coaches are allowed inside the competition area for Black belts in (I think) the quarter finals and on, which was when Rickson was there. A bunch of idiots cried foul, but only cause some brown belt got dq'd at Pans for being in the coaching area and they didn't bother to learn the rules and understand the difference.

well shame on me then, I was grossly misinformed

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Bushmeister posted:

There's apparently a list of 39 different criteria these sports get judged on in this process and the first ones mentioned in our national media were live event attendance and TV viewership. Wouldn't mind taking a gander at a full list.

Guessing its the same as this from 2012 http://www.olympic.org/Documents/Co...plines.docx.pdf

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Whelp Kron ran through that event, but you should have the fast forward button primed for most of it. I hope he sticks with grappling instead of becoming another elite grappler/gracie spending 3 years training for MMA only to prove a solid BJJ background isn't enough anymore. Also I hope I never see Mendes and Cobrinha fight again jesus christ.

Overall the event was okay, but dear lord I hope the saudi prince or whoever really owns ADCC throws the people behind every decision leading up to this event in a dungeon.

Dante fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Oct 22, 2013

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Well it would be a lie to call Ryan vs Faber exciting , but it's at least somewhat interesting to see two hyper-focused narrow gameplans in a grappling match - even if the match itself didn't turn out to be very interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Tacos Al Pastor posted:

Speaking of, how the hell do you shut down worm guard?
leg drag the wormhole leg before the lapel pass maybe

Lapel shenanigans is the new meta without any well established means of defense right now. Going to be great watching Keenan at worlds in a week.