Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
Yes, we are hybrid rappers.
Ari Bolden is a herb but that doesn't mean that the move wouldn't work. I'd just forget the half nelson part and do the Hashimoto triangle/arbmar though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
I usually work high on the back with my legs because they're much stronger than my arms and it gives me more options to catch people sneakily. Not saying that's a better gameplan than working the RNC or threatening with the gi, but I don't feel like it's so much worse that it deserves to be shut down just 'cause it's on an Ari Bolden link.

2 arms are better than 1. 4 arms are better than 2. :goro:

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

Paul Pot posted:

will compression shorts tear in no gi due to angry buttscotting? I don't want to roll in my thai shorts, but I do want to try out the gay sport class without having to buy new gear

Why don't you want to roll in thai shorts? I do it all the time. I prefer them to board shorts. Thai shorts over long compression tights is the way to go. Ladies love it.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

DevilsAdvocate posted:

How's your back doing?

I still have herniated discs and pinched nerves but it's not getting any worse so I can train. My gym is in the process of moving/reopening but I've been able to roll at home and I feel pretty good.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

Bohemian Nights posted:

I'd roll with you in a flowing white gown ANY DAY. Chicks love flowing white gowns.

Ps. this is probably bad timing but I'm in new york until at least mid-may, and if I don't get to hugroll with you until then I will be very cross

You're here now? Come watch the fights on Saturday.

I'm not like, miraculously healed, I'm just not getting any worse so I'm ok to roll.

I might not be rolling Saturday depending on how hard my girlfriend busts my rear end at the gym before that, but we'll be very high and watching fights either way.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

Grab Your Foot! posted:

At a lot of tournaments winning your division at blue belt is at least as impressive as doing so at brown belt just because of the number of matches you have to get through at blue.

I'm a lightweight blue belt under 30. My division always has like 50 guys in it. It's ridiculous.

gently caress tournaments I just want to have entertaining singles matches.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

westcoaster posted:

Also, I have long spindly arms, and the one nice thing is you can do a one armed RNC. Just grab the guys shoulder and inch your arm up to your own neck until you are effectively collar tieing yourself. I tapped some guy with that at my last tourney.

Yeah this is much easier for me to do than actually sinking an RNC with both arms. I get more one armed guillotines than regular ones too by using the gi (theirs or mine)

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

mobn posted:

I'm having trouble picturing finishing an RNC without using my other hand do drive their head forward into it. Otherwise my arm is long enough that they have too much space for it to be effective. Are you applying pressure with your chest or shoulder to drive it, or are your proportions just perfect to get the right amount of squeeze just grabbing your shoulder with the one arm?

it's just compressing the carotids this way

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

Danny Cadaver posted:

Here's a funny and/or creepy story of real life melding into goon life: I was at a small tourney in midtown once and saw cortx. I didn't know for sure it was him, but somehow I got a strange, ineffable feeling that this skinny, bald, weirdlooking white dude with fierce eyebrows and a Manto Tokyo rashguard who was putting his legs behind his head during warmups was the kind of guy who would frequent SASMMA, a suspicion that was confirmed later when cortx posted those videos of him doing the Rings of Saturn on himself.

hahahaha that tourney was fun. I missed 160 by 3 pounds and fought at 180. I lost twice and then triangled a guy.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

gimpsuitjones posted:

how does one not get guillotined when shooting a double. (I cannot wrestle at all)

My answer to this is to abandon your shot as soon as possible and turn it into a guard pull, or just shoot singles, but I know that's not what you were looking for.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Go straight to x-guard.

Yeah dropping straight to x guard rules too. The "pick them up and put them down on their back" move from x guard is so much easier than shooting a double.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

shizen posted:

what are some moves I can do when the guy turtles up? I been rolling with a guy around my level who is little weaker then me and I can get him into that position alot, yet if I try to take his back I just end up on my back eventually and he is in my guard.

Crippler crossface
Rolling reverse omoplata
Karelin's lift
Rings of Saturn
Secret Move

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

Biafraid posted:

gently caress it, I'll just do this.

Just keep in mind that it's a neck crank so modify it by doing an Ezekiel or other gi choke. I've done a secret baseball choke once too if it's no gi.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

Biafraid posted:

Noted. I'm definitely doing gi, that's like a gift-wrapped gi choke. Do you typically just employ pro wrestling moves you see on TV, or is there some kind of cortX-techniques wiki I should know about?

I had a video of a bunch of stuff I use from under side control but I took it down 'cause it was right after a bunch of guys were getting poo poo for having instructionals without the credentials to back it up (Ari Bolden, Brandon Quick) and considering I'm only a blue belt I didn't feel like it was a good look for me to be making videos showing people how to do moves.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

dokomoy posted:

The problem with those guys isn't so much that they're not qualified(Ari probably isn't, but for all of Quick's poo poo a lot of his material seemed pretty good) it's that they misrepresented there level and at least in Ari's case a lot of what he was teaching was loving awful. As long as you're not wearing a black belt or fronting like your some kind of expert put up whatever you want.

Side note: My coach kimura/americana'd(I'm not sure which)two people from under side control today.

My instructors are just kind of old school and considering I've said on here where I train and for some reason some people from here don't like me, I figured I was better off just taking it down. I'll probably do some more videos eventually 'cause they're fun but it'll probably be more along the lines of just rolling or pushed as an exhibition thing rather than "this is how you do moves", which I tried with the last one but I still felt like it came off as me showing people how to do moves.

Me and Bohemian Nights still have to roll and should film that. Maybe before or after watching UFC 128 next weekend. Depends on how badly my body is falling apart that day.

And I think when I shot the bottom side control video I wasn't even a blue belt yet so that added to it as well. Not that a blue belt really qualifies me to make internet instructionals but a white belt did even less.

Edit: so with that being said here's a stand-up video I did like 6 months ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YQXSRbbwW4

Who Gotch Ya fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Mar 11, 2011

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

Danny Cadaver posted:

June twenty-ninth. I gotta get in shape. Too much sitting has ruined my body. Too much abuse has gone on for too long. From now on there will be 50 pushups each morning, 50 pullups. There will be no more pills, no more bad food, no more destroyers of my body. From now on will be total organization. Every muscle must be tight.

hahaha yes

henkman posted:

Kept waiting for you to hit your foot on the door frame.

I hit it once throwing this kick and nearly destroyed my heel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6oiADjOdFg (the one that gets the KO)

Xguard86 posted:

I think he meant at his gym, which is not so weird because bjj people can be surprisingly catty.

nah I meant from SA. I just didn't want people with no lives to internet detective me and act like I was trying to be some kind of internet instructor and get me stern looks from my actual instructors who already give me stern looks when I do things like infinite omoplata loops from mount instead of going for a cross choke.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

Xguard86 posted:

Oh, well people on SA are horrible people and that surprises no one.

Also, you are bad and should feel bad. There are three submissions, collar chokes, armbars, and triangles.

I used to only do omoplatas. Take their back? omoplata. Mount? omoplata. Bottom side control? omoplata. I got a talking to.

I started only doin triangles and armbars and nobody says anything about that.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYKMJjzkQ14

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

platero posted:

I need pictures or video of attacks from the cortx-guard. I too am creepily flexible, and I learned a new attack from that position tonight. I suck at both explaining and drawing, so I need the exhaustive cortx-guard submission list.

I had a whole list that I was working on but I lost it. There's a lot of poo poo you can do from the bottom of side control though if you've got the flexibility.

I mostly catch the inverted triangle.
There's a set-up I use where I americana their arm closest to my hip, using my leg closest to their hip. The leg goes over their shoulder and I hook the forearm with my foot, using it as a hook. That can open up their neck for my other leg to go over, then they've either gotten their arm free or I've let it go, but it doesn't matter because that's the point I switch to locking in the triangle.
You can also use that foot americana thing as a sweep (or a submission if they refuse to turn over). Works great with a gi for better wrist control using your hands too. You've also got to make the guy carry your weight and control his hips. Basics always apply even during zany gimmick moves.

I started off just catching the triangle when a guy would be hooking my leg like a wrestling pin. I'd push his head under the leg and get the triangle that way. When guys weren't tying up my legs with their arms, I figured I could tie up their arms with my legs and get the same result.

Other than the inverted triangle I use the cobra twist as a sweep a LOT. Throw your far leg all the way over their back and get the hook with it. Most of the time your arm will already be in the correct position. Just don't hook your arms together and crank. Instead roll over like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H-PisdtFFk

I loving love throwing up the triangle from the cobra twist too. I hooked it a bit differently in the video 'cause I just happened to have my right leg in that position, but normally from that side I'd have my left leg doing the hooking at the hip, escape my right leg all the way back over her leg like I was going back to guard or to take the back, then throw the right leg all the way up over their left shoulder and then lock in a triangle that way.
They'll be focusing on getting back to facing the ground, to avoid giving up mount, and pressuring you to go to your back anyway, so they're not expecting the triangle. The defense of the sweep opens up the triangle opportunity.

I just noticed the arm isn't hooked in the full cobra twist either in that video, because she had her arm around my neck. If it was underhooked like it'd usually be if they were in a full established side control, I'd have the full cobra twist hooked in.

Other than that there's crazy poo poo like rings of saturn, secret moves and Koji clutches, and the move that got me a talking to, the omoplata from bottom side control.

Bottom side control attacks depend on minor details like any other move though. There will be times when you can't do them, but that's why you have regular things like working to regain guard.

I still feel weird shooting "instructional" videos. But I'm trying to record more rolling footage, so maybe these moves will come about that way.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

the periodic fable posted:

maybe i'm missing something here but that video starts in guard and looks like it would only work if the person allows you to get an underhook with your left arm. i guess i'm asking how it relates to or works from under side control? (against a person of equal skill)

She was passing my guard and I caught it on a transition. If she was all the way past my guard, I'd still be able to throw my leg over like that and get the hook.

It actually works better if they have the underhook, 'cause that leaves your arm in position for the cobra twist.

I catch it on people my size and experience level all the time.

Who Gotch Ya fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Apr 14, 2011

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

Grab Your Foot! posted:

I've never done that but the whatever (wrestler's guillotine) comes up an awful lot from rolling back take attempts, which I do like a lot. I think it's a twister roll to Bravo, I guess Lloyd Irvin calls it a ninja roll, Ryan Hall calls it the crotch lock and roll but generally I don't actually look for a crotch lock before looking for the back.

Are you shooting for side control when you use that sweep CXB or do you look for the twist or what's the ideal result?

Here's the roll from a side control setup but I use it as much to reset back control or sitting up out of half guard or sort of out of deep half sweeps, I don't think I've ever tried to get the lock out of it.

Ideal result is I get out from the bottom of side control. Either I take the back, switch to a triangle, get mount, or get side control. At the least I get back to my guard.

I've seen that move in the video, but for me I'd rather just go to mount then put their leg in a position where they might just scoot out and go back to a base and put me on the bottom in half guard. I might be comfortable there but I still feel like it's a better move to go to mount then try a wacky ninja roll, as much as I love wacky ninja rolls.

Now once I get to the mount I might throw an omoplata. So maybe it's just that I don't like that setup for some reason. I just don't see it really working for me personally. If I'm outside of the area between a guys legs, I don't want to put any part of me back in there. Some guys love using hooks like that and it works for them. I feel like it's just personal preference.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
Yeah I really like it from the way he pulls if off on Hermes there

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

fawker posted:

CortX, was that your daughter exclaiming "awesome!" as you swept your wife? :3

hahahaha it was my roommate's daughter as I swept my girlfriend. Luckily I have no children, I just get to help train one. She went through the armbar/omoplata/triangle trifecta on her dad one time and I hadn't even taught her that, she just saw me do it a lot I guess. She's 4.

but if she's passed all the way to side control wouldn't the leg you wanted to hook be the one nearer to your head? are you actually able to to reach and hook that leg from a proper side control? maybe i'm just not flexible enough to even imagine it. i don't suppose you have a video of it?

edit: basically it seems to me more like something you could catch from under scarf hold because then at least you'd have the right leg closer to yours

edit 2: yeah thinking more about it i guess this is where your flexibility comes into play

Yeah it's the leg closer to their head that goes all the way around their body and gets a hook on the other side. I'll get a video of it from a proper side control

Part of it is still basics, escaping enough to get it all the way over. It's just for when you can't get enough space to get your close knee in. (Hopefully that appeases Rickson)

Who Gotch Ya fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Apr 15, 2011

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

dokomoy posted:

The armdrag itself isn't a takedown, but it's a great way to close the distance and set up your single/double/back attack/whatever.

Yup. Lots of takedowns off armdrags here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYKMJjzkQ14
I know I've posted it a million times but I'm gonna post it every time it's relevant

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

fatherdog posted:

I'm dubious about what kind of competitive shape he can get in at his current stage in life

As round as possible so nobody can lock their hands when grabbing him around the waist.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

good job continuing the cycle i guess i'm sure he'll learn on his own or something

or maybe you should just talk to him???

Who would say "let's go light" and then not go light? People who deserve to get beat up. Talking doesn't teach people like this, they have to get embarrassed. Kick his rear end and THEN say "I thought you said let's go light? Why were you beasting?"

It's not like the instructor said "go light guys" and he's a new guy who gets scared when he rolls so he just freaks out. I've had that happen and when I told him "dude that's not going light" he really didn't know what light was and he just couldn't get himself to do it because he couldn't stop panicking when put in a situation where he might get choked.

This guy specifically said "let's go light" and then went beastmode. He's doing something underhanded and doesn't deserve a talking to, he deserves to be shown the difference between light and not light.

Some people learn from talking.
Some people learn from getting their rear end kicked.
Some people will NEVER learn no matter what you do so you just have to embarrass them until they stop showing up.

If he's doing it on purpose like this guy is, talking alone probably won't do it so I say you've gotta do both.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

McNerd posted:

What's the point of kicking the guy's rear end, if you're trying to teach him that getting your rear end kicked or not getting your rear end kicked is beside the point? Seems like it undermines the whole lesson.

OK, I've never dealt with this (and I'm pretty new to the sport in general), so maybe I'm way off-base. But it seems like this guy's idiocy is so obvious that it shouldn't be hard to explain to him, especially if you wait to take him aside until your temper subsides and your adrenaline levels go down.

It seems like you should be able to say "I'm here to learn, and bullshit like this makes it harder. If that's the way you intend to act, I'm not interested in rolling with you in the future, and nobody else will be either. At any rate, whatever ego boost you get from tricking someone into a submission can't be that valuable, especially compared with actually improving your game, which you won't accomplish this way even if you do find training partners." Even if "embarrassing him until he stops showing up" is your goal, this is more effective than a few armbars.

Now obviously it counts for something if you can demonstrate that you're better at BJJ than him, even "despite" your laid-back attitude. If you tie him into a pretzel and then have this conversation, so much the better. But I'd say you should consider it a challenge to show this guy the nature of his foolishness. Verbally outmatching someone is at least as valuable a skill as BJJ, and in my opinion it's a skill everyone should make some effort to gain. From that perspective, resorting to the shortcut "I'll just choke a lesson into him instead of even making an effort to talk sense first" seems like the verbal equivalent of this guy's grappling shenanigans: it's lazy, and it's ultimately pointless since you or someone else can always kick his rear end another day if you have to.

this is some weird prestige thing that i didn't expect out of you. why would you assume that kicking his rear end would make him learn?

i strongly doubt you can teach many people not to do something by repeating what they're doing and not saying anything, it isn't going to work. way, way too many people just decide to go even harder on people who go too hard and i don't see how people expect them to learn from that.
even if you stop to talk to him "owning" him first just sounds like wanting to show off exactly like he was doing.

if he goes too hard, just relax, stop fighting (obviously don't let yourself get injured) and tell him "whoa what the hell, you said go light and that isn't light" and take it from there. and if he doesn't learn from that tell him you aren't going to roll with him anymore and hope that the next guy does the same thing. the day he stands without sparring partners will be the only time he learns if he hasn't by that point.

i can understand wanting to style on him if "smugly adding a mark to a mental notebook somewhere" bothers you that much as long as you realise you're not doing it out of any altruistic reasons. (using the general You here)

I just feel like with the mentality these guys have, just giving them a talking-to results in them thinking "yeah yeah whatever I still tapped you".

They can mentally delude themselves into avoiding the point of the talking-to, but they can't mentally avoid getting knee on belly for 5 minutes.

I still say you should do both, but yeah, just not rolling with the guy can work too. But still, somebody has to kick his rear end at some point, and they will, and he won't be able to deal with it and he'll stop showing up because he's not getting any better because he doesn't actually train, he just pulls poo poo like this.

Either way, these guys never last long so they won't be a problem in 6 months.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
Sit down. Beckon.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
You can do an omoplata with your arm too so I think shoulder lock is ok. You can always go into more detail though.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
I hope it's Yuki Nakai. And I hope they make an awesome rvddw shirt to commemorate the match.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
gently caress. I just had to be going away that weekend...

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

Death Bucket posted:

Most of the local tourneys around here have a 16 point slaughter rule which really makes sense to me. If the guy got a miracle sub in the closing seconds, he still got completely outgrappled and in no way would have deserved to win that match.

If the guy taps out you win. It doesn't matter if he got a million points before you beat him. You still beat him.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com
I don't think you should be awarded an early finish for not finishing.
If I racked up 16 points and they stopped the match I'd be disappointed, because I'd have been trying to finish. I'd feel robbed of a potential highlight and wouldn't pay to compete in such a tournament.

Takedown 2 points
pass guard 3 points
knee on belly 2 points
mount 4 points
back mount 4 points
hooks 4 points

That's 17 points

I haven't won yet. Why stop the match? I could cross my feet and get footlocked. He could just reverse and wind up on top, pass my guard and finish me. Or I could bust out a loving reverse gogo.
Stopping the match after a certain amount of points is stupid. That could be accomplished in under a minute. He deserves the remaining time to defend and try to come back and I deserve to try to finish.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

Death Bucket posted:

Depends how you look at it. Generally speaking, even if you can force a million scrambles and keep escaping, chances are that the guy whose positional dominance is that good would have absolutely murdered you with strikes. I realize BJJ is its own sport and all that, but poo poo like this and 50/50 stallfests and OH MY GOD HE REAPED THE LEG STOP THE BAD MAN FROM REAPING THE LEG are really getting in the way of BJJ's original goal, which was to make Rorion a very rich man be a combat-ready martial art. I once had a ref threaten to DQ me in a tournament for stalling in mount. While I was the guy on top. I'm pretty sure it's the bottom guy's problem to figure out a way out from under there, and it's my job to hold that position as long as I drat well feel like it.

If you want to base who wins on who would be able to punch the guy more, go do MMA. We're talking about grappling tournaments where the goal is to make people submit.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

Xguard86 posted:

What system gives 4 for back and then 4 more for getting hooks in? Everywhere I've been/seen only gives 4.

You have to be mounted on the guy with his back facing you and then you get 4 points. I guess to discourage giving your back and encourage hip escaping back to guard. My instructor is also a referee at every major IBJJF tournament and he teaches this when going over how points are scored.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

Xguard86 posted:

do you have pictures? I am still confused on the scoring differentiation between having the back and then having the back + hooks. Do you get 8 points at once if you take their back with hooks?

Nah if you take their back with hooks you get 4 points.

If you're mounted on their back with their hips facing the floor, no hooks, you get 4 points (after holding the position for 3 seconds like any other position)

It's just mount but they're facing the floor.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

Fleshpeg posted:

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but they have to be flattened out so your knees touch the ground, right?

Yeah it's full back mount not just a ride or them doing the Sakuraba

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

Ridleys Revenge posted:

What do you guys think about The Truck as a control position? I sorta feel like it's the "missing link" in my game, and I've actually been prioritizing it over a lot of my weaker top positions lately, but it seems to be pretty successful. For example, taking the top of side control and then instead of crossfacing or going to reverse kesa I'll somersault to Truck and end up in Backpack 90% of the time. However, a lot of the guys keep telling me it's just a gimmick and it only works because they're not used to it.

having one hook leads to calf slicers, banana splits and cobra twists so it rules

Isn't that the truck? Just having one hook?

This is my new position. It's just knee on belly but I call it submarine.

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

Nierbo posted:

About a month ago I had passed a blue belts guard and put him in an arm triangle from mount and he said 'what are you doing?' as I was cinching it up, I eventually had him choking and spluttering but he wouldn't tap so I had to let him go and we continued on our way. It was like he seriously handn't seen that before which I find super unlikely as he's been there for ages. Was he trying to say doing that from mount is a dumb idea and I should do it from side control or was he just having a white belt moment? I always thought mount would be a good place to do kata gatame because if I don't get the choke, I'll get the pin.

You should have kept the choke on until he tapped or escaped. You're not trying to kill him but if he doesn't want to tap to a choke it's his own choice. If I start choking a guy and he doesn't tap, I look for small adjustments I can do to make the choke tighter and I choke him until he taps or escapes.

It's perfectly legit to start an arm triangle from the mount and it is possible to finish from there, even if you get a better angle by going to the side. Depends on what works for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who Gotch Ya
Jun 27, 2003

streetdoctors.com

nickmeister posted:

Sure, they work when the guy is exhausted and his face has caved in from five rounds of punching, but on an opponent of equal or greater size/experience and a decent amount of energy?

It doesn't work when people do it wrong. Also, like any move, it can be harder to pull one off on somebody depending on a variety of physical factors.

I never tap to Americanas but that's because I'm insanely flexible and nobody loving does them right anyway. Not because Americanas don't work.