Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

Eye contact counters everything
I would have loved to see him do that takedown on someone weighing 300 pounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

Ugh, i wish i had the opportunity to wrestle from an early age in school. I am currently studying to become a phys-ed teacher for primary school and i will be damned if i don't have playful optional grappling sessions with them instead of the usual soccer/basketball/volleyball every day sports.

My students won't be bullied!

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

Also, if you are a lot bigger and stronger than your training partners, taking your Gi off almost feels like cheating because you can just power your way out of a lot of what they are trying to do. With the Gi you can't budge the small fuckers unless you use technique.

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

Sweet, wrestling owns everything.

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

Show up but say that you are new and that you would love for them to go a little easy on you, also to tell you what you are doing wrong/correct. Rolling with a newbie is quite fun for a lot of people because then they can gage how better they have become as well, so that shouldn't be a problem. Just whatever you do, don't spaz around trying youtube leglocks and flying "i will kick you on the teeth by accident" armbars. Relax, stay calm and try to identify whatever is happening to you. Oh and tap quickly and go for position rather then submission.

Bohemian Nights, whenever you get your black-belt by Marcelo Garcia you are obligated to come train with me on Sørlandet.

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

Your instructor is Steven Seagal isn't it?

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

Wrestlers ruin everything http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxK9NTC4Xhg (NWS if your boss doesn't like bullies being thrown in the air)

Pooned fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Mar 15, 2011

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

awkward_turtle posted:

Old but good. Bicep slicers aren't just pain moves folks. http://youtu.be/bYY8tJeoLVY

I remember someone got me in a bicep slicer the day after i had started weightlifting again. I was so sore and when he locked in the slicer it was like having knives stuck in my bicep.

I can't imagine how badly breaking the arm would have hurt.

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

fatherdog posted:

:laffo:

That owns

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

It might be cool but it won't work. Unless the person doing the double leg is the Jujitsu 101 youtube guy.

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

Some people are magic. I trained with a dude that would never tap to Arm triangles. Put 200 pounds of weight on the guy and he would just lie there, breathing. Skinny fucker!

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

If you have broad shoulders/neck and big arms, getting put in an arm triangle is the worst feeling, especially from side control. Can't reach the person with my legs, can't shrimp or buck, It's just awful.

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

I need to see Marcelos traingle real bad.

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

Emberrasing footage when you were a newbie? gently caress that, i would love to see how i grappled my first session.

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

Paul Pot posted:

In Judo we outlawed brutish techniques like the double leg which can lead to brutal knockouts if performed by an unhinged bully.
:golfclap:

I hate that when i first started Jujitsu we couldn't do guillotines so i never had to get used to defending my neck that vigorously. Last time i grappled with a black belt he could just latch on to my neck within split seconds. It wasn't a lot of fun (it was)

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

Rickson has such a magical aura surrounding him these days. At least he does for me. Does anyone know how good his BJJ really is right now? Like, are there any pro's that have rolled with him lately that have spoken about it? He's getting old and i wouldn't be surprised if a whole bunch of people are better than he is but still, He's such a mystery.

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

drat. What impresses me the most is their incredible ability to keep someone on their back from any position when they first secure it.

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

Neurosis posted:

*I'm pretty sure that's an imposter, from the fact that he's wearing a top.

Also that Ryan Hall video was really cool. I love watching grapplers stay super calm in real life "fights".

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

Definitely watching this.

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

That concept is really cool.

Pooned fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jan 6, 2013

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

First and last time i tried i planted my eye-socket into a dudes knee. Have fun!

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

Its not called anything because if you hold the toes you are doing the toehold wrong.

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

Yeah they should definitely have given out penalties to some of those illegal submissions they did, like

Edit: Shame on sneaky edits.

Pooned fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jan 26, 2013

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

I would continue to pull guard because sweeps are awesome as gently caress.

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

I would love to be thought stuff like that from a bb. It does wonders for your ability to defend yourself in real life.

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

That should be very interesting.

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

I remember training for 6 months before rolling with someone using a cup and being surprised at how much faster an arm-bar got tight if the person was wearing one.

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

ICHIBAHN posted:

Gutted i missed this. Anywhere i can rewatch?

I was wondering that myself. I'm pissed I forgot to buy it.

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

Has anyone successfully ordered the Metamoris PPV? I can't get it to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

I wish I was invincible from under side-control so much so that if i presented it for free to black-belts they would shy away from me.

Can't remember his name right now but I thought it was cool as gently caress.