Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel K
Jun 29, 2009
Following on from the AI thread, these are really impressive bits of kit. Out of interest, how far away can and do they go?

It looks like an incredible way to get pictures that you just couldn't get from a light aircraft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel K
Jun 29, 2009
I've just bought a little quadcopter to do a play around with some video stuff. Rather than the legal worries about the FAA, I was wondering what people do in regards to light aircraft? I fly and often pootle around 500-1000 feet AGL, I imagine one could do a lot of expensive damage in an impact.

Colonel K
Jun 29, 2009

ease posted:

First, learn how to read a sectional map : http://skyvector.com/

Never fly anywhere near an airport at any altitude higher than the treetops.

Sorry I've realised I wasn't very clear, I'm a PPL and regularly fly my aircraft around at those heights. My concern was more about others who could potentially be flying around in the same airspace. I'm not sure how easy See and avoid would be for small FPV aircraft.