Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

I've been looking into getting a microquad or at least getting in line for one. Since I last did research, all the transmitters I know of are discontinued. What's the current recommendation for an entry level OpenTX device?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

Oscar Liang mentioned that there may be a coupon code for the TX16S from Banggood on his site sometime tonight. I'd like one myself to do general RC and amateur radio stuff, but since I got an RTF kit (Acrobee Lite) I'm holding off on that purchase.

(I am doing very slow LOS laps around the living room and hoping to god I don't manage to disintegrate this thing)

e: also for a sailboat you could just get away with the cheapest possible used 2ch from ebay. wheel for rudder, trigger for the mainsheet

E4C85D38 fucked around with this message at 00:16 on May 25, 2020

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

My new goal is now to make an FPV autogyro.

Re: kits, I'm pretty happy with the Acrobee RTF. The monitor is detachable so it can continue to be useful after it's outgrown, and the transmitter is still an adequate piece of gear for simple vehicles or dual multi-module buddy boxing. Although I'm far from a good enough copter pilot to need to upgrade yet.

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

Dug the 65mm micro quad back out of storage, the RTF controller has noticeable slop so I'm thinking about getting an RC transmitter with Hall gimbals, but availability and pricing seems to be a little odd at the moment. A Jumper T12 from 2018 is $100-$120, but so is the brand new T-Pro and Radiomaster Zorro. What's happening? And why do I want to order a Zorro real badly?

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

Don't be silly, I've never crashed my --- checks notes --- tiny whoop flying indoors?