Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!
So.. Recomendation time.

Tell me what backpack I should get to carry my transmitter, batteries, quads, goggles...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

i own every Bionicle posted:

Just scrape the plating off the ends of the cell with a dremel before you solder to it, and do it quickly. It works fine.

I built two 3S5P packs like this (11.1V, 15000mAh, total of 15 cells in each pack) for an endurance project and they came out great. A++ would spend a whole day inhaling solder fumes again

I've found just a really, really, hot iron, tin the cell first.. and lots of flux will do it. Batteries are serious heat sinks though, so lots of heat and fast.

so while we're on the subject, where's the reliable place to get 18650 cells?

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

I have a 2 meter plane (skyeye..) that needs a battery pack. :-) I like the idea of flying it on 18650s.

I also need to pick up another APM.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Is your time worth nothing? You'll won't get good at driving if the things broken.

I... don't like the open RC cars at all. They're all worse than even the cheapest real cars. Durability, weight, precision, and well, everything, absolutely everything, isn't better than a cheap, real car.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

evil_bunnY posted:

Unless you’re charging your lipos in a bunker never ever leave them unattended.

I have charged batteries unattended. But I did so on a concrete slab. Outside.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Combat Pretzel posted:

Friend of mine needs a new flight controller for his quad. Any option I give him isn't doable, because he didn't and still refuses to finally upgrade his lovely RC system, which restricts him to PWM RC control. Now he went for another Naze32. gently caress me, I hate this hobby.

... what rc system does he ahve that doesn't have some serial output option?

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Flights out of kenosha..
In the mood to take some video of my dad's boat in the spring? He's out of southport right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Welp. Remote ID is delayed till.. next year. Kinda. It goes into effect... friday? But they won't enforce the rules until something like march. Which seems.. batty to me.

I feel like malicious compliance might be the way to go here? Wrap the module in aluminum foil? Have a battery and LED in a plastic case?

What are "you" doing? Just.. flying anyway? FIRA sites?

While we're at it, here's a list of modules: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/xj2f6e4ojt53fxasc75gr/RID-Modules-Module-Comparison.pdf