Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arthur D Wolfe
Sep 26, 2007

"Holy shit you are a
loathsome jerk, Arthur.
"
This is a fantastic idea for a thread, I am in like Flynn.

For anyone who has not already done so: calculate the worth of your Steam account and weep. It counts your games at the same time, so it helps if you are planning on using the random number approach. It will also let you check the Steam libraries of anyone willing to share their user ID; mine is ArthurDWolfe for anyone who is curious.

Using Random.org I was told to play Saints Row 2, but I finished that a long time ago... Next it asked me to play through Recettear, so that is what I am getting started on now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arthur D Wolfe
Sep 26, 2007

"Holy shit you are a
loathsome jerk, Arthur.
"

bowmore posted:

I'm not sure if that number is counting expansions etc' but it's close to 240 games unfinished. 240.
Wow. This thread must be like an oasis in the desert to you... Only the oasis is currently held by a merciless gang of slavers who tie you to the side of a camel and force you to count the hairs on its back.

Arthur D Wolfe
Sep 26, 2007

"Holy shit you are a
loathsome jerk, Arthur.
"

ohnoitschris posted:

Baiten Kaitos ($16, opened but haven't played)
... you can look forward to this. The fastest recorded speedrun of the game clocks in at almost exactly eight hours, and that is using every glitch in the book along with taking insane risks in boss fights. If you have any sort of OCD, your playthrough will probably outlive this thread.

I just finished Recettear, so I went to Random.org again... and received the order to finish X-COM: Terror From The Deep. A hard-as-nails, completely unforgiving turn-based strategy game that only runs at 320x240 resolution and is prone to crashing. ... I regret signing up for this already.

EDIT: Actually, you know what? I have an idea... I might get to work on a little something to help this thread.

DOUBLE EDIT: vvvv Holy crap you have a lot of excellent games unplayed. Bioshock, Dead Space, Just Cause 2, Metro 2033, The Witcher... With a line-up like that you will do yourself a service by getting started.

Arthur D Wolfe fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Feb 6, 2011

Arthur D Wolfe
Sep 26, 2007

"Holy shit you are a
loathsome jerk, Arthur.
"
After some effort, I can now "proudly" say that I have at least installed and played each and every game on my Steam list at least once. Much like other posters in this thread I have sorted them into worth playing and not worth playing (Juiced 2 being a beautiful example of the latter, holy poo poo was that bad), so I can start working my way through the former one at a time.

My current game is still UFO: Terror from the Deep, and playing it on a modern PC is hell. I convinced DOSBOX to run the game windowed so I can work or play other games during the enemy turns, which helped improve my motivation a bit.

I envy those of you with games like Dead Space and The Witcher unplayed, you will be enjoying this whole thing you bastards.

Arthur D Wolfe
Sep 26, 2007

"Holy shit you are a
loathsome jerk, Arthur.
"
Just finished up the last of the Riddler's challenges in Arkham Asylum. Great game, great extra content. A couple of terrible boss battles, but nothing that ruined the experience.

Not sure what game I will turn my attention to next, but I have a couple in mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arthur D Wolfe
Sep 26, 2007

"Holy shit you are a
loathsome jerk, Arthur.
"

Master_Odin posted:

GOTY every year :colbert:
I am thinking of making an LP of Batman: Arkham Asylum, finishing it in time for Arkham City's release... But it almost seems like a crime to make an LP of a game that everyone should own and play themselves. Apart from some lovely boss design, that game really is amazingly well done, both mechanically and in terms of how it handles the canon.