Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

americanzero4128 posted:

My last update was January 2020. Well, since then I've beaten quite a few games (at least, for me). One completed (Walking Dead), according to Backloggery, but that's OK. These are in order, mostly:
Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - 80 hours and it did not hold up as well as my memory thought, not sure I'd go through the base campaign if I were playing it fresh in 2023
Late but, I'd really encourage you to check out the online worlds for Neverwinter Nights. The fact the game still has a pretty large online population 20(!) years after it was released (well ok the Enhanced Edition was released in 2018 but still..) is mostly due to the insane and unique online play.

Basically if you're into tabletop RPGs at all, basically D&D, then NWN is the only computer game that ever captured the magic of tabletop gaming - because it allows players to create their own entirely custom online worlds, often modifying the game to an absurd extent in the process so they can homebrew their own rules and mechanics, introduce their own custom-made creatures & scenery & items and everything... and then (unlike any other video game I know of) it has Dungeon Masters as well; individuals who can access the same gameworld as regular players, but the Dungeon Masters can manipulate the gameworld on-the-fly (e.g. possess any NPC, create any number of NPCs or mobs, create buildings and scenery, do whatever they want to players' characters) to tell dynamic and collaborative stories just like a tabletop DM does.

...anyways, all that's to say - Neverwinter Nights is not really about singleplayer. In fact the original campaign is notoriously bad. If you want to see what it's capable of, and nerd out playing some online D&D, check out the online player-made servers (accessible through the in-game server browser in the 'multiplayer' menu)

edit: goddamnit it's 2023 and I'm still posting on the internet about neverwinter nights what the gently caress is wrong with me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU