Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

I am a Steam addict so why not have a go at this. I certainly own around a hundred games on Steam or GOG I haven't beaten but intend to, at least to some degree. Here's the list of games on Steam I haven't even touched but intend to try and play "at least these" in the near future:

Alpha Protocol
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
BioShock
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
Bully: Scholarship Edition
The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
Dead Space
Dragon Age: Origins
Just Cause 2
King's Bounty: Armored Princess
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Mafia II
Metro 2033
Mirror's Edge
Penumbra: Black Plague
Red Faction: Guerrilla
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

Also, I have recently started to play Assassin's Creed (1) but it seems pretty drat unpolished compared to AC2 which I finished earlier, but I'm going to try to do it. Also, I started Darksiders, but I think it just lost its charm pretty quickly and I may not finish it ever, but we'll see.
Of the list above, I think I want to play Mafia II next.

I think I'm a lost case, even if I'm not the worst one out here.

edit: how the gently caress did Kingpin get up there? Anyways I'm not going to play that with any hurry (ever)

Zat fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Feb 6, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

:toot: Backloggery is open for registration! http://backloggery.com/register.php

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Me too!

http://backloggery.com/Zat

(Added you, Zedd, you're my first :3:)

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

For everyone who have issues staying logged in, it seems www.backloggery.com and backloggery.com have separate cookies so either make sure you're logged into both or edit those links to all be either with "www." or without.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

I've only got Dreamfall and BTTF so far.

BTTF was kind of an impulse (I intended to wait until it'd be like 5-10 bucks, now it was 12.50) but I'd waited for a Dreamfall deal on Steam for ever and finally got one. I certainly don't regret either purchase at all. Added edit: Dreamfall doesn't add to my backlog anyway since I've played it through years ago. Just wanted to complete The Longest Journey duology on my Steam.

I think I must applaud myself.

Zat fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jul 4, 2011

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Re: Back to the Future

KingCute posted:

Man, didn't you just fall in love with that silly ending?

Yeah, me too, drat. Finished the game something like three hours ago.

That last episode was bitchin'; as was Episode 3. The other three eps were somewhat less great, but all in all I loved it. It actually almost felt like a new installment of Back to the Future. :frogbon:

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

ToxicFrog posted:

It works. :negative:

Script here. Requires Lua + LuaSocket. Read the comments at the start of the file for usage instructions, and don't forget to edit USER and COOKIE. It does assume familiarity with the command line.

Wow, well done! If I hadn't done this poo poo manually a couple of months ago :negative:, this would save me hours

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

ToxicFrog posted:

A sneak preview of my current project:

Holy balls that looks great.

Meanwhile my backlog is getting some nasty backward steps as I caved and got Deus Ex: Human Revolution as well as Borderlands GOTY.

But holy poo poo I can't wait to play Deus Ex as soon as possible (that is next week also known as Deus Ex Week).

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Portal 2 is so loving good. 5 hours in and it just keeps on tickling my brain in a funny way.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

More like monologue, though. It's always just someone speaking to you or, more often, a recorded speech. But drat if those are not some of the most hilarious writing in a video game ever.

Also I'm absolutely loving the setting and how you get a glimpse at how Aperture Science has evolved through the ages.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

BKPR posted:

Dodging is rarely advantageous since you have a recovery period to get up and start firing again, and the enemies are too defensive. There's no way to enter a room with a dude hiding on either side of the doorway without taking a few shots.

This is correct. Normal 'Bullet Time' (with a dedicated key; accept none of that combo key nonsense) is loads more useful than the Shoot Dodge in a vast majority of situations, especially if you're going against more than one enemy with clear lines of sight to you. Hit Bullet Time just before you enter a new room, and start gunning dudes while zig-zagging around at the same time. If you end up running into a bad position, sideways/backward-roll out of there.

You get more time to the Bullet Time clock with each fallen enemy, and therefore you likely won't run out. Just remember to turn Bullet Time off as soon as you're out of immediate danger.

This is the best strategy for Max Payne 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Fart of Presto posted:

Yeah it was the 2010 version.
And nightclub? I only saw some Mayan temple or something like that before quitting.

Different games probably. He's talking about something called AvP Requiem which seems to be a PSP game, whereas you played Aliens vs. Predator (full title).