Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies
Hello, I'm Master_Odin and according to SteamCalculator, I have 377 games worth $5113.24 USD. I have a problem of playing awesome games, getting almost to the end, then never touching them again (like Alpha Protocol, where I have at most, 20 minutes left, but I'll be damned if I play it again). I'm in on this and random.org has given me game #212 to start with (Osmos).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Industrial posted:

What if you have "All Games" selected? Some people don't like having bad games take up room in our lists. Granted, I have that category for the same reason I have all games split up by genre and never select "Installed" these days.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies
After beating the main bit of Osmos, I honestly don't think I could care to deal with the Forever level achievements, so on to the next game!

And it it..................CRYSIS (I got Crysis Warhead, but I'll play both I guess)

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Mr Right posted:

If you use this calculator it gives you a number beside each game to really tell you what game #27 is.

e: forgot the link
Unfortunately, Steam Calculator isn't really accurate as it's missing games it seems for no reason. Example: It's missing the third season of Sam & Max. I'm sure it's probably missing others.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Tecman posted:

• Batman: Arkham Asylum (I played it but never finished it)
GOTY every year :colbert:

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Cojawfee posted:

I took your advice and loaded it up again. Is just can't get into it. When I had stopped playing, I could have sworn that it was at this huge several story jumping puzzle. That's the main reason I stopped playing, because I was sick of trying that thing over and over again and often losing lots of progress with one misstep. When I loaded it up I was in some building lobby that ended up being the end of chapter 8. Next chapter I was running through some parking lot and couldn't find how to get out. Maybe I'm really used to playing linear games, and maybe I just couldn't see it because of all the guys shooting me, but I had no idea where to go. And there were all these doorways and areas that contrasted against the area around them and they led to nothing.

Maybe another time. I was going to give X3 another go, but I think I should power through metro 2033 or perhaps start up CoP.
Well, there's of course the button that makes you look in the direction of where you're trying to go. Also, Mirror's Edge is really linear though with only tiny variations on where you could go, where the diversity comes in finding the most efficient way to get through a session.

I dunno, it really is a great game to play through, even if there's never going to be another one.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Golashes posted:

Red Faction Guerilla
Be a space rear end in a top hat. It's pretty fun.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

XboxPants posted:

I wish Valve would just buy this guy out. Backloggery with automated library adding, automatic completion detection (based on achievements, where available), and a huge social aspect would be pretty great.

I mean, even without automated adding, they could do a lot to make this more painless. You can't even click someone else's game entry and add that game to your list. Just that would add a lot, for me.
Your complaints are things that could be easily added if he so choose. Hell, even having a way to add your backlog from Steam shouldn't be hard. Writing a script for it would take all of 20 minutes if he knows what he's doing. Adding a "quick" add for a game when you're looking at another user's entry wouldn't be that hard either. None of these things are hard, though to be fair, it is a team of one person. I'd say his main issue is his popularity and how he's too poor to actually afford a server that can handle it.

Valve buying him out would be pretty neat as they really could enhance the site quite a bit, but then you run into the issue that it's not really a "steam" platform, but rather one that's supposed to be applied to all systems that a person owns and all the games on that system, not just Steam.

Also, http://www.backloggery.com/master_odin

e: To continue on this, I take back what I said about the "though to be fair". A lot of the site screams amateur web developer who has never actually used the web. There's nothing automated, no way to do things in bulk (deleting pm messages or deleting a couple games from your list), obvious usability things are missing (such as guy adds you to their multitap, there's no way to add them on the spot? no way to delete game when viewing it in your list but you have to actually go to the edit page to select delete, what?). It's a very neat site, but as a bedroom web developer, the whole thing makes me cringe.

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jun 5, 2011

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

RightClickSaveAs posted:

My favorite parts of Mirror's Edge is when you're outside just flying along rooftops and everything is clicking, you're hitting all the jumps right and the game is just so fast-paced. Unfortunately if the whole game was like that it'd probably be about an hour long, so I imagine they threw in some of those terrible roadblocks to extend the gameplay. It's a shame, because I like the idea of what's basically a first person parkour game, with the environments being the challenge rather than a bunch of guys with guns.

I noticed there's challenge modes, those might actually be fun to work on getting perfect, but once I was done with the main game I didn't have any desire to go back to it.
It doesn't help that some of those challenge maps are just completely bullshit in that the only way to get a gold is to jump off a chair, grab a light, climb up it, and then go over the railing in a completely unrealistic parkour motion.

I really do hope they make another Mirror's Edge and make it a lot mroe open spaced and don't have weird parts where you go underground and there's a lot of stopping and going and what have you.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

LumberingTroll posted:

I think I have a problem
http://www.steamcalculator.com/id/LumberingTroll
(this thing is not accurate either, its missing a bunch of games, and doesnt count any DLC...)

I imagine I have completed, to the point I will never play them again, maybe... 15 games? I currently have 147 games installed. To keep the games I am actively playing in order I put them in favorites. there are 15 in there right now.

Good thing my wife is understanding of my game addiction.
It's missing games definitely (who knows why!) and it can't DLC since that's not really publicly available by looking at someone's profile really. Still, it's not that terrible though. It's really interesting once you've added up how much you've spent in total. Looking at that $7561.82 USD and then calculating that you've in fact spent like 37% of that (so in my case of 6534.98, it turns into something like 4134.155 saved) is such a great feeling. And it only increases as you get more games! :supaburn:

My haul:
AC: Brotherhood
AC 2
Dwarfs!?
Hamilton's Great Adventure
HOARD
Men of War: AS
Sanctum
Football Manager 2011
Children of the Nile + Expansion
HoMM Pack
Gothic Pack (minus Gothic 4)
GTA Classics
The Last Remanat
Terraria

I'm starting to think I'll never actually make a sizable dent in my backlog.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Prorat posted:

How do i make the URL search bar come up in steam? I cant find my steam ID, all the ways the steam calculator says do not work. Google is all lies too.

edit: only way to get it to work was with the custom url which took 15 minutes yay
View -> Settings -> Interface and it's the second checkbox.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Opus125 posted:

I mean its cheaper than ever to make games, and in the future all games will probably be cheaper.
This is true for indie titles, but AAA titles are taking more and more money to produce, which is likely to increase unchecked into the future, just like movies.

I think at some point I'll probably just get a game or two a year and be content with that. The game I'm picking up being like a few that are a year or two old as I'll be one of those responsible adults with adult concerns, such as welfare. :v:

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Morter posted:

So I beseech you, Steam Anonymous, choose a game for me that I should most definitely play through. I recently bought the quakecon pack so I have Oblivion and the Fallout Games. There are plenty of shooters that I haven't beaten completely, but I feel like I need something a bit less linear (I don't know why, but something's tempting me to play Riddick. Is it worth going through?).
Devil May Cry 4 is a lot of fun with a controller chaining together combos in a way other hack & slash games that aren't God of War wish they could.

Hitman series is fun (though play it through in order {Codename 47 -> Silent Assassin -> Blood Money} as each build on each other making hte previous one a bit less fun)

X3 :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies
Beat Assassin's Creed Brotherhood finally at 36.1 hours total. Fun game and will have to pick up Revelations once it goes for cheap as I do seem to get some good time out of them.

Time to start playing Batman: Arkham City