Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Saoshyant posted:

RA3 Uprising is basically a mission pack for people who found RA3 easy, so not the best place to start playing that game, no. But it's still fun. If you enjoyed it try getting the base game because the B-acting in it is top notch (Tim Curry just chews the scenery throughout the whole thing) and I find the game really fun. Playing co-op was also rather neat but I imagine that's gone now with Gamespy's death. If you do get the RA3 base game, the campaign difficulty goes Soviets => Allies => Japanese, easiest to hardest.

I think co-op can still be played with virtual LAN like Hamachi and the likes.

Edit: Oh, actually maybe https://cnc-online.net/ supports co-op too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

monster on a stick posted:

FINISHED: Sam and Max Season 1 - Good games, nice puzzles, funny, I liked.

FINISHED: Sam and Max Season 2 - Good games, nice puzzles, funny, I liked.

NOT SURE: Sam and Max Season 3 - and this is where the series started going sour for me. I barely got through the first episode, the new gimmick didn't really seem to fit. I'm somewhere in the middle of the second game (with Sammus and Maximus) and for whatever reason just don't care. It's almost like a shallow imitation of the first two seasons.
Ugh this. I have only 15 minutes in season 3 because of the awful new controls and mechanics. Also it ran terribly on my previous computer.

Sininu fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Jul 21, 2016

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

InevitableCheese posted:

My favorite tool for Steam library tracking, GaugePowered, shuts down in a few days. It did cost to hours played ratio, rating systems, and cool charts. I emailed the development team to see if they’d be willing to let someone else pick up the project, but never heard anything back.

It’s a shame, I’ve been doing my back logging on there for years, and had ideas for it. =( Maybe I’ll just have to make my own. I hate how manual Backloggery is, since my library is 1800+ Steam games. And yeah, I know of the command line tool.

I really wish for someone to take it over. It's only site of that kind that lets me accurately and easily calculate how much I've spent on my Steam account.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

StrixNebulosa posted:

Bonus: make one called "Garbage" and never look it in. Those games failed to entertain, and are banished from your sight.
Just do this instead

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

StrixNebulosa posted:

I mean, I could, but I'd rather not have to find them again or something. Or, my garbage category has room for me discovering a game isn't garbage, and reviving it, which - it'll never happen, but redemption can happen to the oddest of games.

They won't be permanently hidden, it just puts it into a special category that's only visible in the dropdown list that has all your custom categories.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

InevitableCheese posted:

Got a response from one of the guys who made GaugePowered. They said they are planning to shut it down and release the code publicly, so anyone who wants to build on it can.

Edit:

Here's a link to the source code, if anyone is interested:

Source Code for Gauge Powered

I'll start playing around with it myself.

Have you done anything with the source?

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Is steamcompletionist.net dead?

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

steamcompletionist.net has been down for month and half. It does occasionally go down for multiple weeks at a time, but this one has been the longest outage so far. I'm worried it might be lost for good.
What other sites can I use that let me automatically import, track and sort my unplayed, beaten and 100% cheevo percentage Steam games?

E: ah, I just head back from the creator of steam completionist. They're working on restoring it!

Sininu fucked around with this message at 21:22 on May 8, 2023

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Fart of Presto posted:

When I post my list of recently completed/nulled games, that's also when I register them on https://www.steamcompletionist.net/. I've been holding back on posting the list in the hope that the site will return to a functional state, but it looks like it's completely gone now :(

Yea, the creator hasn't replied to emails since last time I got in contact with him. :(
I'm very close to learning enough web development to just grab it from github and self host it for myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Sininu posted:

Yea, the creator hasn't replied to emails since last time I got in contact with him. :(
I'm very close to learning enough web development to just grab it from github and self host it for myself.
It's back!

quote:

Please take a look and let me know if you find anything that isn't working quite right. Sorry about the delay. On the bright side, it should be much more stable going forward.
The host had come under attack from random vulnerability scans and while it wasn't compromised, the logs filled up the disk space and the host died. I cleaned up the logs, but apache2 straight up refused to start up. Recovery was painful because it was a 10 year old server and basically nothing was working. I'd google an error and the results were not applicable because the software is so outdated. After spending way too much time on trying to fix it on the old host, I made backups and nuked everything.

So now it's running on modern software and hardware, has disk space alerts and monitoring and all that good stuff 👍