Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
So I'm Double Click Here and I have 194 games, although it'd probably bump up 10-20 if I knew how many Impulse/GOG/D2D games I have in total. I kept it simple and just picked the method from the OP to pick a game, since I just keep sampling this, that, and the other and hardly playing a game for more than twenty minutes.

When I used the number generator I was slightly tense, wondering if I'd get some super long RPG or action game like Just Cause 2/Red Faction: Guerilla.

Edit: Recalculations lead me to Portal. Alright!

See you on the other side.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Feb 6, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Completion get! Portal is down. I really should include my log of PS3 games, but I've not the motivation to inventory them, yet.

Next roll gets me... Civ 4! Brothers in Arms - Road to Hill 30!

I figure if it points to a series, I'll just start at the first one. This is cool, though, I've really wanted to get through these games.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Tecman posted:

Just finished Transformers: War for Cybertron. I liked it a lot overall, and it was just the right length for me. :) Now I'm planning my next game, and right now I'm thinking of:
  • Just Cause 2
  • Fallout New Vegas (this would involve a lot of effort in updating my mods)
  • Darksiders (need to finish it)
  • Crysis, Crysis Warhead
  • Singularity
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum (I played it but never finished it)
  • Chronicles of Riddick
And I just can't pick. If it wasn't for the mod thing I'd go for FNV immediately, but my current setup has issues which made me stop playing, and updating all that is just a huge undertaking ( :effort: ). :(

Man, you like your open world games. Well, if you're already into Darksiders, I say go for the finish. If not, Batmanbatmanbatman. Personally I'll probably won't ever beat Just Cause 2 and I'm fine with it. If I can jump in anytime and fly a jet into some dude's face, jump out last minute and starting launching rockets in grappling hook glory, I'll be absolutely fine to let that be.

In other news, I'm stumbling a bit here. Started on Dragon Age a bit ago (Steam deal was too attractive), and while I already beat it on PS3, I haven't tried any of the DLC, and even besides that I'm really having fun. Got a few mods and I'm doing my RPG thang through the main quest. Maybe it's the transition to pausing and being able control so much with the ease of k+m, but it seems a lot easier so far.

Also bought The Last Express, Bulletstorm, Baldur's Gate II, and Planescape. I've sampled them all (30m-1hr) and I want more of them all. This isn't how to do things.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Skilleddk posted:

Condemned is a really good game, though it suffers from the same thing as Indigo Prophecy. The last levels overload you with bullshit story, and in the end you don't know what has happened.

My backlog:

Amnesia: Dark Descent - I loved Penumbra games, but still haven't given this one a proper chance.

Company of Heroes - Tried a few games, and got absolutely stomped by the easiest AI. It seems fun, and I'm usually really good at RTS'es.

Cryostasis - Suppose I could try it out now when I've upgraded my graphics card. GTX9800 was not enough to play it comfortably.

Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light - was supposed to Co-op this with a friend who bailed out. Is it fun in singleplayer?

Neverwinter Nights 2: Platinum

Overlord 1 and 2

Saint's Row 2 - Stuttering issues which make it unplayable - is there any fix to it?

Star Wars: KOTOR - I have absolutely no idea what this is about, or how it got onto my steam account. I looked it up on wikipedia, and I quite like Bioware. How long is this game?

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition - tried for 2 hours, didn't click. Does it get better later? Also the interface is very confusing.

I got a lot of free time lately, so lenght of games isn't an issue. What would you suggest?

You get used to the interface; what killed me was the combat. I got Amnesia on my backlog as well. There's really no such thing as a long horror game, so that puts it in the upper half of my list- not jumping to put myself through that kind of stress though.

KOTOR's pretty awesome, everyone says it's awesome; someday I'll finish it. You should, too.

Company of Heroes is pretty drat awesome as well- did you just jump into random game? It's definitely different from the standard RTS and takes some learning. Sound and graphics are really, really great.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Sam & Max are great and can be killed fairly easily. Psychonauts you should know by now is awesome.

Or Bioshock if you seriously haven't beat them.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Oh shiiiii, I just beat my first game since Portal 2. And probably acquired about 20 since then.

Bulletstorm, you were pretty awesome all things considered. There were definitely things in it not to like, but it hit the whole running-around-shooting-things-and-making-it-really-fun on the nose.

I'm starting to go towards more indie games in my usual StarCraft invaded gaming life, and I think I want to beat Recettear and/or kill Dredmore. But I also have these Back to the Future games staring at me. But for whatever reason I seem to power through games I start around breakfast, so I might have established a nice schedule for the summer.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Man, the HIB is the worst; instant ~11 game growth. I did end up beating Limbo over that last few days. I don't know why I bother trying to beat anything, I just keep going back to StarCraft 2.

I listened to the Video Games Hotdog podcast and checked out gaikai.com. It streams games through your browser (right now there's just Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age 2, and Dead Space 2). It's super low res, but works virtually lag free and it's some stupid magic that scares me.

On point, it reminded me I haven't finished Mass Effect 2. I should really get on that.

Also I turned on my PS3 for the first time in months since LA Noire, realized I bought and never started Dead Space 2, Stacking, inFamous 2. Crap

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Oh man, another game I can put away forever.

Puzzle Agent! Pretty good game- I know people said it was short but I didn't expect it to stop as suddenly as it did. I'm definitely ready to fire up the sequel, though!

Here's my thingy to add. I'm actually bouncing between like 10 more games, but maybe I'll actually stick to this list.

*Oh poo poo, I forgot one! Me and my brother one day randomly fired up Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light last week and blazed through the whole thing somewhere around 5am. It was really, really awesome since I had my PC hooked up to my 42" TV. He used a 360 controller while I kb+m'd it, which is great when you can do that.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Aug 15, 2011

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Morter posted:

Alright folks. I wanted to whittle down my backlog, but I have a feeling that having avoided a huge name/AAA title all this time has stopped my completion ambition to begin with. Drowning myself in short, almost expendable AAA titles makes me feel less bad about stealthily marking it off of my Now Playing.

I think I need to play a game that's more than 4-8 hours, or at least has a plot that's more than "Beat all the levels! :haw:"

So I beseech you, Steam Anonymous, choose a game for me that I should most definitely play through. I recently bought the quakecon pack so I have Oblivion and the Fallout Games. There are plenty of shooters that I haven't beaten completely, but I feel like I need something a bit less linear (I don't know why, but something's tempting me to play Riddick. Is it worth going through?).

I don't want a random number generator. I just want one or a few people to point me to a game and say "You dumb idiot why didn't you play this yet go do it now".

For less linear shooty fun, I'd go with Crysis. Nice graphics, throw people hundreds of feet away, and blow poo poo up.

I justed posted about Lara Croft and the Guardian of light, but I was surprised even after hearing about it how fun it was. Completely awesome game.

Maybe YOU can tell ME if it's worth going through STALKER:Clear Sky (er, eventually).

Prince of Persia you REALLY don't need to wait until you beat the trilogy; it's on easy mode the whole way through, but the graphics are great and the whole running on walls and flipping around is really fun.

>_> don't think I'd recommend the first Just Cause to anyone, even if they paid for it.

Hitman: Blood Money is so awesome! You should really race to it! Or just play it now; it's really less about stealth and more about improvisation or crazy manipulation. And it is TECHNICALLY possible to start out in a level with an assault rifle. You can still appreciate how innovative the early Hitman games were post-Blood Money (whether you'd want to, though, is tougher to say).

AAaauhglskdjf !!! is great, you should return. You can power through, and even if not, the music's good.

*edit: Also, definitely get to Max Payne 2. Not a FPS *ahem* but shooty, bullet time fun with a good story.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Man, you're awesome. Goons are awesome.

Puzzle Agent 2, however; not as awesome as the first game. At least puzzle wise. Story wise... it got as video gamey as video games get. Man.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Hmmm, my roommate crashed my truck and the internet went out over the weekend. So I beat some FPS's: Crysis 2 and Bad Company 2.

Man, those games don't even try to have an ending. At least Crysis 2 was pretty sometimes.

I also started SPAZ, Bastion, From Dust, and Swat 4. And everything but From Dust has been pretty awesome. I'm actually so full on awesome games, I don't feel THAT compelled to rush out and buy Deus Ex: HR.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Rock of Ages. Bought and beaten. I'm glad it exists. Could be a better port, though. Oh, and Deus Ex: HR last week. Also good.

Bad news: Started Borderlands up since I've had it for years and some friends just recently bought it. Also for some stupid reason (football season I guess) I randomly thought of the Virtua Tennis Giant Bomb video and thought "Yeah, that seemed fun."

And it is. I accidentally played for three hours when I meant to go to bed early. I might have discovered a strategy that the PC can't deal with reliably, but I'll probably just bump it to the higher difficulty.

Edit: gently caress, I also bought GalCiv 2 and Tropico 4, both which are awesome. Guys, I'm so bad at this.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Sep 8, 2011

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Yeah, Pirate! and Civ 4 are just awesome games to start up and lose 4 hours of your life. I'd suggest Blood Money, that game is completely awesome.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Red_Fred posted:

I sort of started the Witcher the other night however I'm really not sure I'm going to like it. I'm almost an hour in (however 70% of that was intro movies and un-skippable cut scenes) and I'm fighting that mage guy. Should I persevere?

You really haven't even started The Witcher, yet. You're just in a prologue section where nothing is available to you. I'd say play a couple hours into the next section where you have free roam to see if it's going to hit its stride with you.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
;p Did you know about the uploader in the OP's second post?

Also can you really blame the game being boring if you're one using a silly strategy?

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Devil Wears Wings posted:

Definitely, and even more so if you're willing to invest a couple hours into installing a gaggle of mods before playing. A lot of people on these forums seem to think that Oblivion is terrible and they would be very, very wrong - it really is a fun fantasy sandbox.

On the other hand, Skyrim exists.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Man, after a torrent of Saints Row and Skyrim conquering, I boot up Shogun 2 and tried the tutorial, and then realized I don't know my rear end in a top hat from my elbow in combat. Good ole goons pointed out a great youtuber, and I decided to go back to Medieval Total War since I quit that game for the same reason as before.

I lost four hours, like, by accident.

I guess the Total War series is pretty good. Shogun 2 has really great visuals and I'm actually finding it hard to find time to load up StarCraft 2, which is basically a daily routine in my life now.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Yummy Dead Cow posted:

Can anyone recommend short games to play on the side?

Bastion, Jamestown, Trine, and the Max Payne games are all pretty short and really excellent.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Beat Spec Ops: The Line. While I didn't actually enjoy playing it, it's was neat to see Dubai and contrast to the time I visited there a few years back. The story was definitely the highlight, but only because that it was different from the norm.

Sad thing is this will probably be the only game I beat from here until next year. I have a bad habit of not finishing anything, even though I'm steadily working through Borderlands 2, Torchlight 2, and FTL.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Beat:
XCOM
Dishonored
Prince of Persia (last one)
Modern Warfare 3
Uncharted 3
and LA Noire

All in the last two weeks or so. Except for MW3 and PoP, they were all really fun (actually, Uncharted wasn't much fun playing, but a drat good experience). Most of them were halfway beaten, but I had an isolated time of me and my forgotten PS3.

I'm working on FTL constantly (no victories yet, but I don't mind since it's the perfect bite-sized time waste), Saints Row 2, Borderlands 2, STALKER SoC, Torchlight 2, Darksiders 2.

Unfortunately with this stack all these games have parts I really like, and large aspects that make them a slog and are quick to be put down. A big point is how loving long these games are and it's becoming difficult to find shorter games on the backlog (AssRev, Just Cause 2, Mass Effect 2+3, Bully, Red Faction: Guerilla, Dark Souls, GTA IV...).

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

monster on a stick posted:

BEAT: Primordia

This is a wonderful gem of a game. Clever puzzles, though you must be OK with point-and-click. Great setting, writing, voice acting, and characters. The creators of this game did a really good job of updating the adventure games of old.

Woah this looks really cool. I hadn't heard of this, but I guess I can blame myself since I played and really enjoyed The Shiva by the same developer.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
COMPLETED: Hollow Knight
Fantastic game, I enjoyed it all the way through. Was worried in the beginning it might be too easy to be interesting, but it definitely ramps up. I did end up looking up a map so I could 100% it (in game, not cheevos wise). Riddled with annoying technical bugs that showed up a couple times every few hours, but the developer(s) are actively working on those. The Dark Souls influence is extremely blatant (like half a step away from Salt & Sanctuary levels) but with its own twist of bug people. I think they pulled it off fairly well. Memorable and very fun bosses and I mostly enjoyed the optional areas/bosses that were a big step up in difficulty. I don't see myself coming back unless there's DLC since I exhausted the playthrough as much as I could (getting all the endings as well).

UP NEXT: Night in the Woods
Played it for about 10 minutes and it had already hooked me. I think I'm going to enjoy going through and see all the characters even if that's all what the game ends up being.

BACKLOG: Tides of Numenera
Also opened this for about 15 minutes. Combat looks positively dreadful even just from the tutorial run through, but I read they're few and far between so I'll give it a real shot after Night in the Woods.

BACKLOG: Resident Evil 7
Have about 4-5 hours in it, not really getting anything out of it. Kooky, spooky hick family was kind of amusing in their introduction but I'm already over it. Gonna try to force myself to finish it this month, I don't think it's too long.

BACKLOG: Total War: Warhammer
Got this and a handful others in the bundle. No idea if I'll like it. I feel I'll probably NULL it fairly quickly unless it unexpectedly grabs me.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Mar 5, 2017

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Khablam posted:

I haven't played TW:WH, but if you have several in the series you might want to start with a more mechanically simple one, or even just a real world era that interests you. If a TW game hooks you prepare to lose Civ-levels of life to them, they're very easy to pour 200 hours into.

The Civ/Overworld part of it is simple enough, but actual battles are a lot more foreign to me. I don't know if I should be microing squads more or less since making them run out of a fight might cause them to take damage for free. I get flanks have a sort of double effect of damaging morale and maybe causing more damage. Should I just make a wide as line of my army so when they meet the enemy they just collapse? Right now I just run my dudes in their dudes, send the horses to their bowmen and zoom in and out a few time waiting to see what happens.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
COMPLETED: Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Amazing game. Not much replay value for me unless I wanted to some sorta Dark Souls-esque self imposed challenge or go for every Korok. I did get every shrine and all the clothes, but by that time I was fairly exhausted of hunting down every little thing for upgrades. I strongly preferred the 2D/handheld Zeldas before this, but adding in parries, timed dodges, and myriad ways to overcome almost any obstacle (not to mention bucking the trend of unskippable long cutscenes and just throwing you into the game) made this a breath of fresh air. And I can't not ever love character (and horse) customization. Loved it.

BACKLOG?: Dark Souls 3 and HITMAN are currently games I haven't got away from this year yet. The timed contracts in HITMAN and getting warmed up for the final DS3 DLC keep me coming back.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
COMPLETED: Dark Souls 3
Sad day now that I can say I've definitively played through them all to completion. Dark Souls 3 landed a little weak for me at first, but the DLCs have done a lot to extend their reach in echoing back great moments or concepts from their past iterations. And, unlike the previous DLC, it did actually bring back a level of difficulty that was wanting. Folks said Friede was extremely tough but I got her on my 2nd try. I love her design and weapon, though. Even if I similarly wished there was more to see when it was all said and done, I don't feel cheated. Goodbye Dark Souls, you were pretty rad. Even you, DS2.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Still in the throes as a new PS4 owner.

BEATEN: Dishonored 2
It was fine. The story was a complete nonfactor since it gave you absolutely no surprises. You're betrayed by some super evil lady who kicks you out of your home, you kill a handful of her conspirators and then her, the end. There are only 9 chapters with 2-3 major areas each so it was also pretty short which I don't fault games for anymore. None of the sidequests were really interesting either, often just a fetch quest of some sort. I guess Dishonored 1 was similar, I found it really fun to play but very little of it was actually compelling to experience. There was a lot more bombast and clever tricks just with level design and presentation that I appreciated.

COMPLETED: Horizon: Zero Dawn
I was slightly spoiled first by Zelda. I thought I was getting way the hell over open world games, but Horizon is just so god drat fantastic. It stands next to Witcher 3 with excess amounts of care put into everything that puts so many other games to shame with their weaknesses. The story is doled out at a steady pace that keeps you going and wondering what could happen and the characters are all interesting and people I'm glad I was friends with. I was half wishing this was a Mass Effect sorta game because some of your friends are genuinely funny and caring and I wanted them to be my spouse and bone down. The writing for everything is pretty top notch, from all the bits of lore to almost every sidequest. This is also the first game I platinum'ed in well over 10-15 years because 1) it actually wasn't a tedious slog since you can do everything in one playthrough 2) even every collectible has lore attached to them 3) it's just god drat fun to play and run around murdering robot dinosaurs. The weakest part were the villains since they all just seemed like bit factors until the Big Bad Guy shows up, and, like most humans, they just don't live as long as robo-dinos.

Also lots of fashion options which is one of my favorite parts in games. I loving loved this game.

BEATEN: What Happened to Edith Finch
I liked it. It's very similar to Gone Home, though it's even shorter. It's a lot more loose and escapist with its story-telling, and a few of them were really really surprising with how far they went. As soon as the 'gimmick' started getting a little old it was over. Nice piece of writing: sweet, funny, and morbid.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE fucked around with this message at 15:15 on May 29, 2017

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

credburn posted:

NULLED: Ace Combat Assault Horizon. I always heard these games were good, and finally I get to play one on my PC. I spent a good ten minutes in the tutorial chasing a guy around. I feel like a flight sim should be either completely sim or completely arcade. I've played few games that toe the line between the two. As such, this game just feels like a flight combat sim with very strange controls.

As a fan of the series, this one was tepid at best.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

credburn posted:

When you say "series" are you talking about the DC universe's Injustice thing, or this series of games, or the modern Mortal Kombat variations?

Uh, the Ace Combat series. The one they finally put on PC is just not that good.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Fart of Presto posted:

Finished: Picross Touch
There is a whole lot of Picross levels here + an editor and integrated Steam Workshop for an almost endless stream of extra levels.
I enjoyed the game, and even though there are a few rough edges, it's being constantly updated with bugfixes and new features.
Oh and it's free.

Just give me a god drat 3D Picross, that was/is one of my favorite 3DS games.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Those are some quality games, drat.

For XCOM 2, the time limits aren't usually that terrible of a factor (but with the way levels are generated you can get a bad one). One of the biggest additions 2 did was open the gates to mods which have covered almost every niggle that's annoying to everything you didn't know you wanted (like anime or a bunch of completely new classes or huge revamps). One of them is called something like True Concealment where the timer doesn't start until the moment you're discovered, others that give more information like flank windows before you commit to a move, and adding an 'Overwatch everyone' button.

It's definitely a different pace that's not possible to just copy the best XCOM EU strategies (slow as possible), but (aside from content DLCs not WotC) it does a lot of great things on its own. Way more customization, some fun and interesting new enemies and just some loving different maps (which after EU and EW was extremely welcome) and no more messing with aircrafts.

For Alpha Protocol, you just want to focus allin on a combat style (pistols particularly become crazy), and if you pick rookie the first time you can pick veteran the next time with specific dialogue options and starts off at a higher level so you can be good at combat from the getgo. But one of the best things about it was how much people react and change to how you treat them withou a global modifier broadcasting how you were a jerk to one person.

The combat is never good, though.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Wolfenstein 2 is close to half the length of the first one. The level design got a bit worse; it feels impossible to stealth an entire level anymore. And there are at least 2 sections that I can't help but remember as being annoying or a slog.

That being said the cutscenes are way more interesting and fun (the highlight of the game), some of the vignettes are pulled off crazy well, you meet Hitler, the acting and characters are as good as they ever been and watching the action is ridiculously enjoyable. The laserguns are pretty cool and satisfying to use, but most of the gunplay/levels just feel drab compared to the cutscenes since it's all pretty standard. It's such a ridiculous, stupid story I would recommend it to most people (and certainly to anyone that like the first one) but the game being so short and a pretty bog standard shooter I would absolutely recommend against paying full price.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Doom and NitW might be the shortest on the list, I haven't beat a WHTW campaign. I don't know if there's any real benefit to beating a FarCry game, maybe one of the recent Wolfenstein games instead. Maybe FC5 won't have such aggressively awful writing this time.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jan 9, 2018

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
I'm in a similar boat. I had a game going and lost the save a few dozen hours in and the thought of retreading that good but slow pace all over again keeps me from going back.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
I beat Bayonetta 2. Pretty good!

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
By the end of Nier's 2nd playthrough/route I was 100% done with the combat and just stuck on the easy mode cpus. At least everything besides the combat (except the map travel and platforming) was still good (music, story, bosses, etc.).

FF15 is fine. I've given up on a FF game having a story I'll give a modicum poo poo about, but at least its characters aren't as annoying as the cast of FF13, 13-2, and LR. Fishing, racing chocobos, taking selfies, cooking, and mindless quests+dungeons are all fun enough on their own. Also it has time traveling dogs and cool bosses. Snag it when it gets cheap enough IMO.

My PS4 broke down and I finally couldn't resist replacing it with the recent releases and I'm now going through Spoderman and RDR2. RDR2 is way up its own rear end with context specific actions and the controls in general are incredibly convoluted. It also went pretty far to force you to see its world with restricting fast travel and tacking on the needless systems that often get cut in other games to keep things simple like caring about temperature, you and your horse's weight by eating regularly enough, dead animals decomposing day by day, etc. and has the silliness that reminds me of Skyrim where sidequest npcs suddenly being in a bind or performing some scene on the road, and you'll see them act out the exact same scene in a different river or road on the other side of the map if you didn't stop to talk to them last time. But it does enough right and is pretty enough it's really too big to fail. You can focus on whatever you find fun and do that for an entire day if you want.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Beat: Assassin's Creed Origins
Started: AssCreed: Odyssey

Origins was surprisingly good. Odyssey is even better with more QOL changes and devs are thankfully playing with idea of not being so grounded and getting more creative with the combat. Bayek from Origins was a lot more sympathetic; in Odyssey you're a hot, horny mercenary who kills for money while riding a unicorn. That attitude can be felt in most of the sidequests. In Origins it felt as if you were solving small town problems and investigating crimes scenes and witnesses, following evidence until you get the bad guy(s). In Odyssey it's a lot more 'go kill bears/wolves/bandits/soldiers/boats' and they'll throw money at you or an epic legendary boomerang and feels like it all is only there to serve the gameplay instead of trying let the NPCs pretend to be real characters. Maybe it's trying to feel more like you're playing through a legend but t comes off like a cartoon-y lighthearted romp. Which isn't a bad thing, but I'm still getting used to it. There are little niggles like it's annoying how few towns are fast travel-able which was creeping in Origins but wasn't as bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Morter posted:

Almost all of what I've been playing since I put down Dragon's Dogma is Nioh, slowly chipping away at missions whilst listening to podcasts. I've slowly become more confident and i'm not wanting to flip my table every time a boss cheaply kills me.

I'm still at this point, podcasts and everything. Sometimes it goes at a nice pace, but inevitably some 20 minute road block will pop up designed to annoy me be it some enemy, boss, or level gimmick.