Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
99 games with a value of 1289 bucks.

I wonder what will my 100th game be. Maybe I should NOT get that 100th until I finish at least a couple of the backlog games, hah.

Maybe I should try advancing in Portal more than the first 5 tests...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Master_Odin posted:

Hello, I'm Master_Odin and according to SteamCalculator, I have 377 games worth $5113.24 USD. I have a problem of playing awesome games, getting almost to the end, then never touching them again (like Alpha Protocol, where I have at most, 20 minutes left, but I'll be damned if I play it again). I'm in on this and random.org has given me game #212 to start with (Osmos).

Alpha Protocol is one of those games that need to be replayed at least once! Finish it (and then maybe maybe not) do a new playthrough. It's one of those titles where there's so much poo poo that you will be discovering new things for many playthroughs.

The beggining is a terrible slog though.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Zedd posted:

I beat Mafia 2, One down; tons to go.

I think I'm going to tackle a Tales of Money island episode next.

The first one is the weakest one.
The last two are EXTREMELY good though.

And speaking of those I should finish the first season of Sam and Max.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Going to finish at least Portal before I get a new FPS game. And then at least another Sam and Max episode before any sort of adventure.

Yeeah, don't know why I stopped at the 10th test chamber the first time.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Awcko posted:

Saint's Row 2 it is! I had installed some mods that managed to make it run somewhat well, and I'll check with some friends to see if anyone wants to play through with me.

If the mods are SR2 powertools and Gentlemen of the Row, I would be willing to play in co-op some time. The mods need to be exactly the same for it to work don't they?

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

RickDaedalus posted:

Speaking of Saint's Row 2, I might as well try to finish it. I stopped last time because I started the Ronin missions and got to a part where you have to do motorcycle chases. It was really bad because of how horrendously unoptimized the game is. I have a new quad core so I should be able to run it fine. Hopefully I won't have an... experience like last time.

That part was pretty drat annoying.
One of the "bosses" of the Ronin missions is a single dude in a very fast bike. That you have to kill, while riding a bike yourself.

It was a pain in the rear end, and I always ran out of ammo while chasing him UNTIL there was a time where he flew into a house's porch and got stuck there. Emptying a couple of SMG clips took care of it.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Will try to finish Ghostbusters and/or season 1 of Sam and Max before next monday. Don't know WHY I stopped playing Ghostbusters since it is pretty drat good, and the first season of Sam and Max is funny (but tedious at the same time, why do they have to walk so slowly?)

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
There it goes. Finished GHostbusters. The last level has a very high BULLSHIT level. God drat.

And of course when I do manage to beat a hard part, one of the things gets stuck under the ecto-1.

Fun game, but would not play it again anytime soon. The shitload of details in it is pretty nice, such as having every single haunted thing you find in the building, but drat.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Also: Just finished Portal. That was a satisfying thing. Will have to acquire the sequel whe it is discounted and/or for the PS3 since that will have a bundled Steam copy as well.
Time to finish Sam and Max season 1 then.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Sporkles posted:

I finished both JC2 (finished with about 78% done, was satisfied with that) and GTA:Episodes.

I'm sort of conflicted about what to play through next. For some reason I got stuck on the idea of playing the games taking up the most space on my hard drive, which would mean The Witcher's up next, but I've started that game twice and always run out of steam partway through. My save is sometime in late chapter 2, but I haven't played in months so I'm kinda vacillating on whether I want to start a new game.

It's either that, Alpha Protocol, or the Ghostbusters video game. I can't decide.

I also spent some time updating my backloggery and now it looks worse than ever. :(

Ghostbusters is shorter than Alpha Protocol, and you are NOT done with AP after a single playthrough. Hell, I have about 5 playthroughs of AP, and each one has had some very different circumstances. I would go for GB first.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Just finished ep 3 of the first Sam and Max season. Once I am done with the first I will probably just plow through the second as well.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Finished ep 4 of Sam and Max season 1. Probably gonna finish the last two eps of the season today.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
I should be finishing Sam and Max s1. I am instead finishing Assassin's Creed 2. Just to get to Brotherhood. Hopefully by this weekend, both will be achieved.

Edit: Actually kind of considering to spend even more time in AssCreed 2 to platinum it. I never get the platinum achievements/trophies in games. That's how much I am liking it.

Luisfe fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Mar 7, 2011

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Assassin's Creed 2 finished. Sam and Max season 1 finished up to Episode 5. AssBro started. Yay.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Sam and Max season 1: Finished.
Now going to start 2.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Saoshyant posted:

How long did it take you?

Two weeks longer than planned, one week because I had limited access to where I had it installed, another week due to Assassin's Creed 2 finishing/Starting Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

Planning to finish Season 2 in a maximum of two weeks. Since doubleclicking makes Sam run, it is already instantly better.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Yeah, Sam and Max season 3 is the Devil's Playhouse.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
So season 3 uses the same control scheme as Tales of MOnkey Island?
That is good.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Finished the first ep of season 2 of Sam and Max. The improvement over the first season is tremendous, will hopefully finish another ep today. Or tomorrow. In any case, it will be less of a chore than the first 3 eps of season 1 (the last 3 were pretty entertaining even with the abysmal movement speed).

Feels a bit more like Sam and Max hit the Road, somehow. That is a good thing.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Just finished the second to last episode of Sam and Max season 2. Will likely finish the last in a couple of days. After that, probably season 3.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Season 2 of Sam and Max: Complete!

Time to move on to season 3 I guess.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

RagnarokAngel posted:

Go play it. Finish it. Now. Don't stop to think about it, just do it.

Yeah, seriously. Do this.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Done with Sam and Max for the moment. Will now try to finish Torchlight in Hard.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Thewittyname posted:

http://randomsteamgame.com/ For when you can't decide what game to play next.

Neat! It told me I should play HL2. I should probably actually do that.

So, next things to be done: Torchlight and HL2.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Added like 10 hours on Torchlight and barely got to the Black Palace, where I promptly got brickwalled by the goddamn... blue things there. Dragonkin? Okay, Dark disciples or whatever? Goddamn.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Currently doing: Borderlands.

After that likely back to HL2 and Sam and Max.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Shamefully, fell again. Dragon Age Origins for 2.5 bucks was too good to not take advantage of.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Why did New Vegas have to be 10 bucks last week. Why.

Also, currently playing Fallout: New Vegas. Yes.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Finished Fallout: New Vegas.

Immediately after, started Fallout: New Vegas.
Yup, that's gonna take me a while.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Lurchibles posted:

Be sure to do some modding on your second time through. Stuff like "realistic headshots" and being able to bottle water (for "hardcore" mode) makes ALL the difference :D

Yeah. And the Monster Mod for extra critters (some of the importedeSTALKER models are quite creepy).
And then A World of Pain and the Monster Mod addon for that
and the armory and and and and
Yeah. Mods. TOO MANY OF THEM. Too bad Poco Bueno and the classic weapons pack made it crash :(

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Back to the Future, Lead and Gold (mostly wastd since I can't even connect to any of the official servers, AND whatever I CAN connect to gives me a ping of like half a second, making it unplayable. Shame) and some Magicka DLC.

BTTF was totally worth it.
Mostly waiting for New Vegas's DLC to become even cheaper.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Yuuup also bought the New Vegas dlc. Considering how much I am loving the game, I may or may not even buy the third and fourth DLC undiscounted. Maybe.

Should I use 3 steam tickets for Alien Breed?

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Nothing acquired today either. Was kind of tempted to get Sanctum, but I could not get in the 4 pack in time.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

From Earth posted:

Howlongtobeat.com puts it at around 14 hours.

For a single playthrough. You need to do SEVERAL in AP because the variations you get for different playstyles in the plot and reactions are tremendous.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Saoshyant posted:

Just did the same thing minutes ago. Controls were clunky as hell, but goddamn if it wasn't brilliant all throughout. I've huge smile in my face right now. Best title I got in the summer sale without question.

That was the best possible ending it could have. And left me wanting for more. Goddamnit, Telltale. Goddamnit.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

SmokinDan posted:

Speaking of Alpha Protocol, I'm really enjoying my first playthrough.

I went in expecting crap gameplay but it's not that bad at all. No worse than Deus Ex combat. As per what most people said, I'm well on my way to maxing Stealth and Pistols and it's been pretty easy so far.

I'm tempted to do an rear end in a top hat Thorton but I'll stick to the "Professional" path for now. I love all the different perks you get for doing different things.
rear end in a top hat Thorton is required by law to be a shotgun toting rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Chief Savage Man posted:

Beat Sam and Max Season 1: Episode 5. Very interesting setting, I hope the creativity keeps up through the rest of the series.

You are in for a treat, it doesn't just keep up, it becomes more and more creative and WAY better with each subsequent season.