Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crap nerd
May 24, 2008

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Haven't been shooting much since my Mat broke but I'm getting back at it

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Been in a slump :/

Looking at Long Island City by spike mccue, on Flickr

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

What do people recommend for a wide (at least 28mm) compact point and shoot? As much as I'd like a Ricoh GR1/Fuji Klasse W/Fuji Natura S/Minolta TC-1 I'd prefer not to pay out the rear end for one at the moment so right now the Nikon AF600 28mm f3.5 is looking attractive but if there's an option with a wider aperture I'm all ears. The Olympus mju-iii is a little slow in that regard, I've also looked up the Rollei Prego 90 which looks too big (more like preggers am i rite?) and the Fuji Zoom Date Silvi 2.8 but zoom is not necessary.

Edit: I'm starting to like the Fuji DL Super Mini too.

Cacator fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Apr 28, 2017

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

There's the Olympus XA4

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

I've thought about getting some kind of XA at one point or another but I don't feel like lugging the flash unit around. Kinda want autofocus too tbh

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

unpacked robinhood posted:

Haven't been shooting much since my Mat broke but I'm getting back at it

these are loverly.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
citizenh8 bought me this account because he is a total qt.

Cacator posted:

What do people recommend for a wide (at least 28mm) compact point and shoot? As much as I'd like a Ricoh GR1/Fuji Klasse W/Fuji Natura S/Minolta TC-1 I'd prefer not to pay out the rear end for one at the moment so right now the Nikon AF600 28mm f3.5 is looking attractive but if there's an option with a wider aperture I'm all ears. The Olympus mju-iii is a little slow in that regard, I've also looked up the Rollei Prego 90 which looks too big (more like preggers am i rite?) and the Fuji Zoom Date Silvi 2.8 but zoom is not necessary.

If you really wanna get w i d e there is the LOMO LC-WIDE, 17mm f4.5

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

I like this

Putrid Grin posted:

these are loverly.

Thanks !

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

Cacator posted:

Ended up with the Fuji DL Super Mini (although mine is called the Cardia Mini Tiara), my usual travel compact is a Rollei 35 SE but it was nice to have something that's considerably less fussy and it's even smaller too!

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Cacator posted:

Ended up with the Fuji DL Super Mini (although mine is called the Cardia Mini Tiara), my usual travel compact is a Rollei 35 SE but it was nice to have something that's considerably less fussy and it's even smaller too!

this is cool

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Nice

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Thy're all cool but i really like this

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
A bunch of photos from the last six months of trying to get used to this Ricoh GR1 and failing repeatedly.

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

Found a Yashica "Zoom Image 90 Super" at a thrift store for a couple bucks.
(not my photo)

I don't normally pick up zoom point & shoots but figured gently caress it, what's 2 bux. Worked fine with a new battery and some Tri-X. Zoom didn't completely suck, but the flash is less than spectacular, and it defaults to autoflash when you turn on the camera.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit
Not gonna sell anyone on the MJU-II with these rusty-rear end skills.

lo light low life - 1

look up - 7

ready for the pitch

spider wisdom fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Aug 17, 2017

• Locked thread