Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

I'm a big fan of my mju-II, but there is one thing that pisses me off about it, there is no way to permanently turn off the flash, every time I slide the cover open I have to turn it off again. I might consider getting rid of one of my serious cameras in exchange for a contax t3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

I am so amazingly happy to have my Stylus back after it being gone (had mailed it to a friend as part of a failed Kodachrome project), I may never let it leave my side.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Fuji 200 + mju-ii

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

welcome to the wonderful world of flipping cameras, if you're in the greater bethlehem/allentown area don't buy an infinity stylus tomorrow, you're going to get ripped off

Has someone stolen your account or what?

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
35mm point and shoot megathread (or "watch my family drink")

mju-ii + portra 400, minilab scans

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Using any sort of digital mat around a picture can easily be hokey, though it shouldn't, since matting and framing (or not) is important to print display.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

For the sort of vibe I think is intended, darkening them overall, giving them real black shadows, and tweaking the colour balance to be slightly exagerrated are all things to try. Think of drugstore glossies before digital minilabs.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

mju-ii

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

BANME.sh posted:

Does this weird old camera fall under the P&S category?

German Baldamatic 1 (1958 - 1962)

I can't even find any photos of anyone holding it to get a sense of how large it is. It looks like you can replace the lens but it's definitely no SLR.

I had the chance to pick one up today for $40 but the seller changed his mind, and decided to shoot a roll of film with it first before letting it go. :negative:

That is a scale-focus rangefinder(!!) camera with manual exposure control, so not at all. A point and shoot is auto or fixed focus with automatic exposure and frame advance.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

deaders posted:

Oh hey look what I found while cleaning out some boxes of crap, my old waterproof p&s from the 90's. I love this camera, just need to get some more CR123 batteries to see if it still works.

Make sure you check the seals before taking it underwater. I dug out our copy of that camera a couple years ago and ended up with a soggy pile of tri-x. :(

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
What? There is no zone focusing, the mju-ii is AF only. The only settings whatsoever are flash mode and date imprint.

I haven't used mine in a while, as I'm pretty done with 35mm, I should shoot my remaining b/w or sell it all probably.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Santa is strapped posted:

He meant the XA is zone focus.

"The best piece of advice for any new Epic owners"

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Sounds like it's time to sell my mju-ii

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

bobmarleysghost posted:

Nah keep it. It's the best.

I ain't got no use for a 35mm p+s anymore, especially once I get a new phone next month...
e: I think I really am format-neutral finally, using my phone or my 5d or mju it's all the same except film is a real pain to get from camera to screen.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Naturas are cool as poo poo but a p+s that costs half the price of a miata. :psyboom:

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Nooooo I actually got a decent deal on one ($400 or so) because it's some ugly lavender color that no one wants

:colbert:

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
I originally thought that was one amazing bewildering photo, but now I see that it is two good ones.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

i'm being generous in the definition, if the lens is attached or its got a small profile its technically a point and shoot. Just want people to buy cheapish lil cameras and take pictures of their friends drinking

I don't think you know what technically means

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Thoogsby posted:

Is using the time stamp on your photos hacky?

yes, unless there's a specific reason

• Locked thread