Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crap nerd
May 24, 2008
I finally got around to putting a roll through my XA and developing it

Most of the frames have come out a little overexposed, I was using HP5 pushed a stop. I'm not sure if I botched the dev (some 120 film I pushed to 1600 using the same chems afterwards came out fine) or if the light sensor is overexposing or if it's the shutter speeds.

Edit: I think it might be slow high shutter speeds actually, a lot of the others look ok

crap nerd fucked around with this message at 15:35 on May 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crap nerd
May 24, 2008

crap nerd
May 24, 2008

crap nerd fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jun 18, 2015

crap nerd
May 24, 2008
The rangefinder in the XA is pretty poor, nice that it's there if you need it but I end up zone focusing most of the time anyway.

crap nerd
May 24, 2008

crap nerd
May 24, 2008

xzzy posted:

Mirrors Edge 2 looking good. :v:

runner vision into that loving wall

crap nerd fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Aug 30, 2015

crap nerd
May 24, 2008
I've got one of them and while it's a cool camera, it's a little to big to use like you would other point and shoot cameras. I've never been able to find batteries that are the right voltage/size for it which can be a pain if you want auto-exposure. I like the viewfinder/rangefinder though I've only an olympus XA (which has a crap rangefinder) and a GW690ii (which has a slightly nicer rangefinder than the Canon) to compare it to.

It's a nice camera, I wish I used it more than I do but if I want something small I end up taking my XA instead as it fits in my pocket.

crap nerd fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Dec 6, 2015

crap nerd
May 24, 2008

crap nerd fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jan 27, 2016

crap nerd
May 24, 2008
Yeah, I've pushed the exposure a bit in post there, the roll was a bit underexposed.

edit: flickr's sharpening sure is obnoxious with grainy or noisy b/w photos

crap nerd
May 24, 2008

crap nerd
May 24, 2008

crap nerd
May 24, 2008

I put half a roll through my XA then took it out and put the other half through a Canonet QL17. Not a huge fan of the Canon, the rangefinder is nice but it flares like crazy and the XA just gets better looking results.

crap nerd fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Apr 19, 2016

crap nerd
May 24, 2008
mods, please rename thread to "compact 35mm semantics discussion"

crap nerd
May 24, 2008
XA's are pretty cool, I put half a roll through one and the other half through a F3 with a 50mm pancake and the stuff off the XA looks way sharper.

crap nerd
May 24, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crap nerd
May 24, 2008

• Locked thread